Intro to me

Netotek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very new to saltwater aquariums, so I joined up to learn and hopefully create a sucessful reef tank.

So far I have only done freshwater tanks. I have had a 5/10/20 Gallon tanks in the past. I started with a 10G, and tried to create a community tank, found it too small, moved everyone to a 20 Gallon and had that tank running successfully for 4+ years with no problems and several generations of fish were born and lived their whole lives in that tank. I bought a 5G and put a Betta into it, and it did very well until it died of natural causes. I then took that 5G and I put the best Pea Puffer in there, his name was Bruce Banner, and when he puffed up he became The Hulk (through the 2+ years I had him, I never saw him Puff up).

Then in a short period of time, things went south really fast. Pea Puffer got sick and stopped eating, and no manner of help was able to pull him out of it and he passed. Shortly after the new Hang on Back filter (Marineland Biowheel for up to 50G) that I bought for the 20G shorted out and caught my house on fire. Luckily the damage to the house was minimal, but unfortunately the damage to the tank was severe and I lost the entire community. And since this happended shortly after losing the pea puffer I took a step away from the hobby altogether for a while.

3 years later..

I went back to my LFS and I picked up the Fluval Evo 13.5Gallon Saltwater Kit. I've always wanted to try saltwater but it seemed so daunting, complicated and not to mention expensive. From my research this tank was my best option to step into Reef tanks. I'm limited to size because of where the tank can go, and budget. All my previous setups I bought used tanks, and this is my first new tank, so I knew that it was going to be more expensive than the past (tank was $315 Canadian Loonies).

I currently have:
- Fluval Evo 13.5Gallon Saltwater Kit
- Box of Seachem Vibrant Sea Salt
- Fluval 50W submersible heater
- Wide range specific gravity meter

And that is me. I have lots of questions so I apologize in advance but I am very much looking forward to this adventure.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score