Intro

gr2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hii everyone!
My name is Gaby and I’m from California. I just recently set up my brackish water 37 gallon tank for my Green Spotted Pufferfish that I’m going to get after my tank is done being fully cycled. In it I currently have aragonite sand, driftwood, Java Fern and Anubias, and also lots of decor/rocks/bridges for the little guy to explore and hide in. I want to make sure I can provide the best home for him so I’m doing as much research as possible beforehand. It has been 7 days since I’ve set up my aquarium with no fish, my plants have been doing very well and I have been testing/charting my water daily using the API master testing kit and 1 day with two Mollies (One silver tail and One Dalmatian). As of right now, I’ve only done one 20% water change but my Ammonia and Nitrite levels are at 0.25ppm which is understandable because it’s not fully cycled. I have used some bacteria starter the API quick start but I added the 2 Mollies into my tank and keeping them in there for about a month or so to help it cycle out, then return the mollies after its established and I’m ready to get my puffer. Do you guys think that’s a good idea? Are my water parameters safe? (pH:8.2/Temp:82*F/Ammonia:0.25ppm/Nitrite:0.25ppm/Nitrate:0ppm/Salinity:1.006sg)

Any other Brackish water hobbyists remember how long it took for their ammonia and nitrite levels to decrease during cycling?
Any advice or help is veryy much appreciated as this is my first tank and I would like to absorb as much info as possible!
BTW for any fans out there I’m doing a Star Wars theme tank and going to name the little puffer Grogu
My Instagram is _gabyr2 I’m going to be posting my tank and the process.
thanks so much

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forums, looking forwards to seeing Grogu!
Best,
The Child Fun GIF by Disney+

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME!
Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. This video series is “5 minute guide”, good info. BRS TV has lots of different series.

Here’s a getting the most out of Reef2Reef link

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hii everyone!
My name is Gaby and I’m from California. I just recently set up my brackish water 37 gallon tank for my Green Spotted Pufferfish that I’m going to get after my tank is done being fully cycled. In it I currently have aragonite sand, driftwood, Java Fern and Anubias, and also lots of decor/rocks/bridges for the little guy to explore and hide in. I want to make sure I can provide the best home for him so I’m doing as much research as possible beforehand. It has been 7 days since I’ve set up my aquarium with no fish, my plants have been doing very well and I have been testing/charting my water daily using the API master testing kit and 1 day with two Mollies (One silver tail and One Dalmatian). As of right now, I’ve only done one 20% water change but my Ammonia and Nitrite levels are at 0.25ppm which is understandable because it’s not fully cycled. I have used some bacteria starter the API quick start but I added the 2 Mollies into my tank and keeping them in there for about a month or so to help it cycle out, then return the mollies after its established and I’m ready to get my puffer. Do you guys think that’s a good idea? Are my water parameters safe? (pH:8.2/Temp:82*F/Ammonia:0.25ppm/Nitrite:0.25ppm/Nitrate:0ppm/Salinity:1.006sg)

Any other Brackish water hobbyists remember how long it took for their ammonia and nitrite levels to decrease during cycling?
Any advice or help is veryy much appreciated as this is my first tank and I would like to absorb as much info as possible!
BTW for any fans out there I’m doing a Star Wars theme tank and going to name the little puffer Grogu
My Instagram is _gabyr2 I’m going to be posting my tank and the process.
thanks so much
Welcome to R2R..

Back