Introducing a second Mandarin Dragonet

tag62001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like my Biota experience. Ordered a pair (through a distributor), received only one, which was a fry. Pretty much blew my chance of getting a bonded pair after super seeding my tank with pods for months.
Pretty much exactly, through a distributor as well. My male was not only smaller but he was also missing a pectoral fin ( I did get a credit for him though so I definitely can't say anything bad about the place) I've put in at least 10 bottles of pods to get things seeded ( but my refugium could be better, I got some free pom-pom algae that grows well but I wasn't thinking and it got wrapped up in my chaeto and it's like my chaeto disappeared ( I did lose a lot to my return, I'm working on a filter for my bubble trap)). My female is doing great though ( even with a trip through my overflow and jumping to the floor, ) she's growing and getting nice and fat but a suggestion to anyone who gets a captive bred, cover your overflow with something till they are big enough.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco in Corpus have a tank bred female, tiny for 49.99. I already have my mandarin or else I get her. Only slightly larger than .5 inch.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back