Introducing an Home assistant integration for Hydros

Late on the followup, toddler twins will do that LOL

I did manage to build a HA/Shelly failsafed heater outlet (15a capacity)...but havent had time to implement yet. Testing worked though. XP8 outlet on/off will toggle it as a "dumb" relay while HA monitors the temp and has emergency backup control to turn the outlet on/off if anything goes wrong in hydros. This only came about because i needed something better than a 10a smart plug and thanks to this integration!

I did notice however that HA isnt pulling my 0-10v input sensors ( i have an ato water level sensor and an external humidity sensor run in via a breakout box.

Ill try and post some more useful observations at some point, but this stuff may be taken care of by the new API?



outelt 2.jpg

outlet 1.jpg
so, as a failsafe backup, you want HA to turn off (or on) the Shelly based on the temperature of the tank? If so, yes, you can do that with either Hydros integration above...as far as getting that temperature. However, if as you say Hydros has an issue, you may not get the temperature reading.

I use the XP8 for my Helios heaters - Helios control with XP8 as the backup setup as heater control in Hydros.
 
so, as a failsafe backup, you want HA to turn off (or on) the Shelly based on the temperature of the tank? If so, yes, you can do that with either Hydros integration above...as far as getting that temperature. However, if as you say Hydros has an issue, you may not get the temperature reading.

its a "failsafe" (in quotes) until i have a secondary/outside hydros temp reading, yes. The main problem i needed to solve was just the need for a >10a capable outlet for my setup and this was the cheapest way.

I'm likely going to add a little esp32 temp probe when i have a chance for backup, my network/house/tank have 18-24 hours of battery backup so the odds of extended equipment or power outages are low, but not zero.
 
Found this on HACS but can't figure out how to use it. Downloaded it in HACS. What do I do now?

EDIT: Never mind. Figured it out.
 
Last edited:
Found this on HACS but can't figure out how to use it. Downloaded it in HACS. What do I do now?

EDIT: Never mind. Figured it out.
Figured out how to install it. Put in my credentials. It now shows my collective with 42 entities with all my devices. However all of them show "Unavailable"
 
Try to reload the integration. Sometimes mine goes unavailable and reload works. I setup an automation that watches one of the entities in Hydros. When it goes unavailable, it will reload the integration.
 
Hello,

That's interesting. In the integration there is a button to collect a debug sample. Can you try that and give me the debug log in a private message (the log will show as an entity you can copy paste.

I'm planning to migrate to the new API but need a bit of time to do that.
 
Looks like the automation to reload hasn't run for 5 days....which is right around the time I upgraded the Hydros Firmware to 399. Perhaps I'm good now.

I did request and receive an API key....so ready to go!
 
Hello,

That's interesting. In the integration there is a button to collect a debug sample. Can you try that and give me the debug log in a private message (the log will show as an entity you can copy paste.

I'm planning to migrate to the new API but need a bit of time to do that.
I didn't see a button specifically labeled that. I did find in the cog wheel I could enable and disable debugging. Tried that. Got a capture. Sent it to you.
 
Hello,

That's interesting. In the integration there is a button to collect a debug sample. Can you try that and give me the debug log in a private message (the log will show as an entity you can copy paste.

I'm planning to migrate to the new API but need a bit of time to do that.
Don't know what, if anything, you changed, however all my sensors now show data as of this morning. I didn't change anything on my end. Couple of things I noticed.

If I click on the tank salinity entity and then choose to "show more" I would expect to see a line graph like I do with temperature. Instead I see what looks like the graph I see when viewing a binary sensor but instead of the default yellow for on/off it looks like it uses shading of colors to indicate the salinity. Not very useful to see it this way. If this doesn't make sense let me know and I'll post a screen shot.

I also have AWC set up on my aquarium. In the HA integration I see entities for
AWC On/Off
AWC Power

However in the Hydros app I see tiles for AWC Drain, AWC Fill, and AWC ATO.

I'd like to be able to see these in HA so that I can see how often my fill pump comes on and for how long. I can create an accumulated counter that way to see how many minutes a day in total it is running. I'd also like to see how long the drain and fill pumps run on each water change.
 
Also noted that salinity is updating in HA about every 5 seconds. Seems like this would create an unnecessary amount of log entries. Can this be changed to something like 5 minutes? or 10 minutes?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new