Introducing Bangaii Cardinals

dbaulch83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya,
I’ve been after a pair of bangaii cardinals for a while, seem difficult to get hold of where I am. After a 6 month wait, I found a supply of captive breds. Im no expert but did my best to pick a m/f.
First attemp, one fish was eating like food was going out of fashion, the other less so. I thought maybe he was already holding eggs. 3 days in and he (it) died.
I bagged another before the supplier ran out. I thought I’d hit the jackpot as the original fish was brushing up against the newly introduced fish and both were eating. On closer inspection last night, it seemed the original was pushing the new fish away, I say in an aggressive way but no contact was being made. Today, 2nd fish is dead. I’m left with the original crazy eater.
I don’t want to put anymore fish at risk, I have a 150L tank, lots of hiding places but not big enough to get a school and disperse any aggression. Any tips of how to approach it? I would really love a pair, not even for breeding but just so they’d be happier!
TIA

EgotisticObeseChihuahua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably best just to give them both time. If things start to escalate try a mirror or feed more to lower aggression. Maybe even an acclimation box.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back