0   0   0
JUST WOW

giphy.gif

Hedgedrew66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came across this and looked at first 10 pages. It’s a spectacular undertaking. I have a question for you and if it has been asked already, my apologies. With the amount of fish in there in multiples and the size of your reef, have you had any spawning activity?
Yes. Tons. !! Bandits. Crosshatch triggers. Etc.

Hedgedrew66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you are in New York. New York, and especially New York City, is full of so many wonderful sights, cultural depth, american revolutionary history, and a melting pot of cultures. Your tank should be added to the must see list. Congratulations!!!
Thank you. Im in suburbia long island !!

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered adding some smaller schooling fish like cardinals or chromis? I would think it would help to add some scale to the tank and contrast well with all the large fish you have. Maybe 100 longspine cardinals. :D

Hedgedrew66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered adding some smaller schooling fish like cardinals or chromis? I would think it would help to add some scale to the tank and contrast well with all the large fish you have. Maybe 100 longspine cardinals. :D
Yes. Im considering good idea.

Hedgedrew66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tested any coral in the main tank yet?
Nope. We had the 300 gallon marineland dd set up for that with lights attached to system but it leaked. So at this point going to coral qt protocol in one of our systems still needs lights but we have them just not installed yet. In meantime well continue to get ready while we qt corals. I think leathers first. Well send some icp tests out and i think soon.

Ben Pedersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. We had the 300 gallon marineland dd set up for that with lights attached to system but it leaked. So at this point going to coral qt protocol in one of our systems still needs lights but we have them just not installed yet. In meantime well continue to get ready while we qt corals. I think leathers first. Well send some icp tests out and i think soon.
Regarding the Marineland 300 dd.. Now I am afraid.. I am just getting ready to set one up.. Where did it leak? Do you know why? Mine has been in my guarage for the last year as I redo the room I will be setting it up in.

Very excited to see you start adding coral to the system.

Hedgedrew66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding the Marineland 300 dd.. Now I am afraid.. I am just getting ready to set one up.. Where did it leak? Do you know why? Mine has been in my guarage for the last year as I redo the room I will be setting it up in.

Very excited to see you start adding coral to the system.
Everyone has issues with them. I would never again. Bottom corner seems

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone has issues with them. I would never again. Bottom corner seems
How are you liking acrylic now compared to glass? Obviously you don't have much of a choice with the large tank, but has it changed your opinion at all otherwise?

Hedgedrew66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking acrylic now compared to glass? Obviously you don't have much of a choice with the large tank, but has it changed your opinion at all otherwise?
Low color glass is best in most tanks. But clarity of acrylic is great. Just it may need buffing out at some point.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back