OP
OP
JTittle

JTittle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I have the BC29 set up since September 2015. I like the Aqualife 115 skimmer in the first bay. I use the magnets to hold it up. In the second bay, there is the Intank set with a Jbj led light coming on opposite to my tank lights. I have not replaced my return pump yet but I have two Koralia nano power heads in the tank.
Had trouble with heat, so I took the back lid off and created a fan system to cool the water. That promptly caused me to purchase an ato. Best $100 you can spend on your tank.
Haven't had heat issues yet. I did ditch the stock lighting though (could have contributed to your issue) I fitted an AI Prime in the hood and it's working awesome.

Bunnee911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so new to reefkeeping that I still have challenges to keeping my parameters stable. When I have that figured out, I can replace lights. For now, I enjoy the ones I have.

renwah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I'm thinking of putting a refuge in my 29 also, just trying to way the cost benefit ratio. Have so many other things to get. Priorities... Subscribed

OP
OP
JTittle

JTittle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this rose bta last week and it's going awesome. Just not happy where it's decided to call home. Kind of went down in my rock but oh well.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
OP
JTittle

JTittle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I'm thinking of putting a refuge in my 29 also, just trying to way the cost benefit ratio. Have so many other things to get. Priorities... Subscribed
You can get the Intank refuge basket that goes in chamber 2 for like $25 and then a JBJ refuge light is $50ish. Good if your having nitrate issues so I'm told. Fixing to order mine tomorrow.

OP
OP
JTittle

JTittle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Lol, yea I've heard they have a mind of their own. Can't make em stay put
True but I don't have a ton of corals yet so I went ahead and got it so it could find its perfect spot without stinging my corals along the way. I think it is happy where it is bc it hasn't really moved from that spot.

OP
OP
JTittle

JTittle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do you QT them before putting in DT?
I actually haven't been qt them. I know it's bad but I haven had any issues yet. I have a 6 gallon fluval edge that I was going to try to set up as a qt tank but it needs to be cleaned from where it had fresh water in it. No fish or plants just set up for decoration. I just have to redo the filter on it.

renwah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope your luck continues. I tried doing that and ended up killing my 3 blue chromis. Lesson learned. Everything goes in QT now. And run a UV filter for a couple days after putting them in the DT

OP
OP
JTittle

JTittle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now
Hope your luck continues. I tried doing that and ended up killing my 3 blue chromis. Lesson learned. Everything goes in QT now. And run a UV filter for a couple days after putting them in the DT
well I did forget to mention that I run my uv light for 24 hours when something new goes in. Just don't want to run it to long so that your killing the good stuff that your coral needs.

OP
OP
JTittle

JTittle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long are you qt? Do you dose anything or just monitor?

renwah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting my first pack of corals this weekend, but I will be using coral RX dip, then QT for 2 weeks. Better safe than sorry.

OP
OP
JTittle

JTittle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting my first pack of corals this weekend, but I will be using coral RX dip, then QT for 2 weeks. Better safe than sorry.
Where are you getting your corals from LFS? Just curious to find out who has the best deal. Are you running the oceanic or coralife Biocube?

renwah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 3 new corals from gonzos live sale about 3 weeks ago from here at r2r. And 3 others from mtrc members. Just ask on here for what your looking for , someone will have it. And I've gotten really fair prices really the only price difference from buying at LFS and online is shipping, gonna pay $30and up for shipping. I like to shop local though. And LFS will generally order something if its specific and they don't have it

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back