Introducing Myself

sillico

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I'm Chris, I am new to the forum and to salt water tanks as well, my friend TUSI, a member of the site recommend me here. I recently just bought a "Fluval M-90 Reef Aquarium Set
36-Gallon M-90 Reef Aquarium Set" it includes
  • Stylish reef aquarium and cabinet set
  • Glass aquarium with frosted rim framing and a high-quality laminated cabinet with two-tone doors
  • Integrated compartment houses a filter, Fluval Sea Protein Skimmer and Fluval Sea CP1 Circulation Pump for healthy water circulation and outstanding filtration
  • Practical drain valve with drain hose for easy and convenient water changes
  • Powerful day & night illumination with 3 settings: ON (day, night) and OFF switch
  • All hardware is neatly concealed in the cabinet so that you can enjoy a pleasing aesthetic experience
I have a good friend of mine that has his own tank helping me out and I've been doing a bunch of research myself. I just wanted to ask you all whats the next step you recommend me doing? any other items/equipment you suggest me buying or should i start purchasing my sand and live rock as my next step? I am listening with an open ear and all the tips/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

SalinFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Chris, welcome to R2R! Your system is pretty much a plug n play and although I'm sure someone on here will come along and suggest something you could add to your system, there certainly isn't anything stopping you from at least getting started with sand, reef water and rock. Enjoy your new tank!

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MaiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, Chris! Find your source for water. Either distilled, RO/DI from your LFS or getting yourself a RO/DI system. Personally if I had to do it all over again, I would start with Instant Ocean Salt and not buy so much substrate.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Glad to have you! You can certainly start getting your sand and rock together. You'll still need a light, heater and to decide whether you want to use a skimmer or not.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 47 21.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.5%
Back