Introducing myself!

banghair

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, this is my second post ever on R2R, first one was made in a haste for my fish.

My name is Brianagh (Bree-anne-uh), I live in Vancouver BC. My partner had been talking about starting a reef tank for at least a year, and finally we bit the bullet and got one, we are off to a rough start. We cycled our tank and got 2 clownfish, it was suspected that these clownfish got into a fight on the previous post I made here, unfortunately it was brook, one died (RIP Odyssey) and we caught the other one (Pogo) later that night just starting to develop it, so we returned it for treatment with a refund, if Pogo survives I will buy him back. I spent the whole day crying and honestly I'm still very depressed about it. When we took it back a worker said they were having problems with their tanks but I still feel at fault for this. I am the kind of person who personifies my pets, and I couldn't help but feel like I failed Pogo and Odyssey.

It sounds stupid but I chose Pogo because I felt a connection with him, we followed each other around for a while in his tank before I decided he was the one I wanted to get, I feel like Pogo was sad, even though that's probably ridiculous, to be returned especially because he funnily started hosting a live rock that same day. I feel heart broken and will now be a fishless sad reef keeper for at least a month, probably more like 6 weeks.

I currently have a hammer tip coral (Thor), green candy cane coral (Hel), and god of war zoa (Tyr). 2 hermit crabs nameless for now, 2 nassarius snails (one named Chalka and the other unnamed) that are all very happy, hopefully they stay that way because I definitely feel very discouraged. I'm sure I will be seeing more of you as I am super overzealous and have a lot of questions to come.

Thanks for reading, wish me luck.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Looking Coral Reef GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the madness we call a hobby!
MANY "ups and downs" go along with it. Sounds like you are a very conscious "pet" keeper … and many (non-hobby) folks often don't consider fish/corals pets … but they do deserve our constant attention and care. Great advice available from the fine group here … and your accomplishments will eventually outweigh any setbacks. Hang in there!

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
welcome2.gif

You may want to check over in the fish-disease-treatment-and-diagnosis forum for recommended Brook fallow period guidelines. Welcome to R2R! Hope your welcome here is better than to the hobby in general!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back