Introducing new fish advice

jpnegrete14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question. Should I be worried about aggression to newcomers coming from any of the below tank mates in particular the chromis?

Receiving fully quarantined tiger tail coral beauty and a pair of bimac anthias (originally was only supposed to be square back anthias but long story short vendor messed up order last minute and we landed on the bimac pair and coral beauty)

Tank is 100gal DT mixed reef, 140gal total volume. Been up for 2yrs, lots of rock work, nutrient export not an issue

Current tank inhabitents royal gramma, blue green chromis, pintail fairy wrasse, diamond goby, mandarin goby, banggai cardinal, perc clown, and aiptasia eating file fish.

Everyone is pretty chill but chromis is definitely trying to be tank boss. Just a little chasing around of a few fish that's all.

I have acclimation boxes and a fish trap so there's different ways I can go about all this if need be. Thanks for any input

OP
OP
jpnegrete14

jpnegrete14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ferris buellers day off bueller bueller buller GIF

Upvote 0

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect. thank you for replying! tried to be creative with the gif instead of me just writing "bump" :grinning-face-with-sweat:
I assume these chromis are at the typical 1-2” size & your 100G is over 4’ long.

In general, chromis isn’t an aggressive species to others & the two fish species that you are adding should be okay as far as compatibility goes with all your fish.

Upvote 0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.9%
Back