Introducing the ReefBreeders External ATO!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

We just added a new product to the ReefBreeders.com lineup, the Exo-ATO!

Click Here to Get Yours Now!

The Reef Breeders Exo-ATO (External ATO) is one of the first ATO systems to contain all electronics outside of your aquarium. The controller and sensor mount to the outside of the glass, and a small magnetic ring is inserted at your desired water level. That leaves only a 1/2″ thick x 1″ diameter ring inside your aquarium, so it will fit in pump return chambers large and small!

IMG_8565.JPG

Fully Self-Contained.
The Reef Breeders Exo-ATO is fully self-contained, meaning the controller, sensor, and backup functions are all contained in one small central unit. There is one plug for power in, and another plug for power out to the pump (included). That’s it. No more controllers to mount in your aquarium stand, and no more obtrusive sensors in your aquarium!

IMG_5364.JPG

Intelligent. Redundant.
Every Exo-ATO has a computer onboard with several built in safety features which are listed below:

• Frequency Alert: The system will beep to notify you that your aquarium has not been topped off for an unusual amount of time, at least 24 hours and double the average time between Top Off. Ex: if the Avg. time between topping of is 12 hours, the system will notify you after 24 hours of not topping off.
  • Overfill Alert: The system develops and average time that the pump is running each time the system is activated. If the system detects that liquid has been dispensed for more than 3x that average baseline time, it will shut the pump off and create an audible alarm.
  • Empty Reservoir Alert: The system can detect when the top off pump is drawing excess air/running dry and automatically shut the pump off and create and audible alarm.
  • Sensor Obstruction Alert: The system will detect if the in-tank sensor needs to be cleaned, is being obstructed, or is out of alignment. This is denoted by a flashing blue light.
All Inclusive.
The Reef Breeders Exo-ATO includes everything you need to get started- Just add water! The Exo-Ato system includes the sensor/magnet lens pair, a small dc power supply, a pump, tubing, and a tubing holder that fits most aquarium rims.

Every Reef Breeders Exo-ATO includes a full 12 month USA warranty.

Click Here to Get Yours Now!

WillB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having trouble finding any reviews on this product, I assume because it is so new, but I am a big fan of your lights so I’m giving it a shot. I’ll be the guinnea pig

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far it’s working great! It cycles frequently keeping my salinity constant!

Thank you for the update! If you wouldn't mind leaving feedback on our website that would be much appreciated. The problem with ATOs, is that you don't really think about them until you run out of top off water or something, so it takes longer to get reviews on them, haha

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this ATO eye work on blacked out back panels like the Red Sea tanks?
I know ATOs similar like the Smart ATO does not work and needs clear glass.

TIA

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this ATO eye work on blacked out back panels like the Red Sea tanks?
I know ATOs similar like the Smart ATO does not work and needs clear glass.

TIA

They need clear glass to function. We do have the N50 and A100 ATOs that can be mounted inside your return pump chamber and don't require a clear panel.

WillB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still liking it?

Yeah! Working great. Every once in a while I’ll get a ghost alarm but I just unplug it and plug it back in and it goes away. That alarm has to be my favorite feature though. It lets me know if anything out of the ordinary happens. And prevents disasters

Gordon Cashmore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high can the pump push the water. I have a bucket that will be 5 feet below the tank

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited to try this out as my first ATO. where’s the best place to put my sensor? In the display tank or in the sump?

Ideally they should be in the return chamber of the sump. They function best in low light conditions with thinner glass/acrylic.

Sushguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to get a Duetto or a Tunze ATO but after hearing will I am willing to try this ATO in my first saltwater build!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back