Introducing the Ultimate Coral Fragging Solution: Our Magnetic Frag Rack!

Printed Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3-Frag-Racks.jpg 1-Frag-Rack-w-3-pictures.jpg 1-Frag-Rack-w-3-pictures.jpg 1-Frag-Rack-w-3-pictures.jpg

Our Magnetic Frag Rack for Coral Frags is the ultimate solution for coral fragging enthusiasts. This sleek and customizable frag rack utilizes strong N52 magnets to securely hold your coral frags in place up to 1/2" thick glass! With its easy-to-install design, you can create your ideal frag garden in no time, Holding up to 12 standard frag plugs. The Magnetic Frag Rack not only makes it easier to maintain and propagate your corals, but it also adds an aesthetically pleasing element to your reef tank. Say goodbye to cluttered tanks and hello to a beautifully organized fragging system with our new Magnetic Frag Rack.

Buy your own Magnetic Frag Rack Here

We only print in a reef-safe PETG filament.

Last edited:

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the magnets inside of the 3D printed rack sealed in epoxy? Or just sealed by the print itself? What plastic is used? PLA, PETG, or ASA?

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at the samples I'm gonna say PETG.

PLA degrades too quickly in saltwater.

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slight detour; I keep seeing people say that PLA will break down in saltwater, but I've yet to see it happen.

I've printed a few small items from PLA, like my reef diaper media holders, and they've been in use for a year and they're no worse for wear.

I don't doubt that PETG is the better choice and I almost always use it for aquarium items, just curious as to where the PLA rumor came from and if it's actually true.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slight detour; I keep seeing people say that PLA will break down in saltwater, but I've yet to see it happen.

I've printed a few small items from PLA, like my reef diaper media holders, and they've been in use for a year and they're no worse for wear.

I don't doubt that PETG is the better choice and I almost always use it for aquarium items, just curious as to where the PLA rumor came from and if it's actually true.
PLA is chemically biodegradable unlike PETG, might not happen as quickly as some would suggest but it does break down due its bonding structures.

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Interestingly enough in this experiment they found PLA to not be as biodegradable as claimed.

"All other so-called (bio)degradable polymers (PCL and PLA) did not show any significant degradability under tested conditions. Degradation rates of polymers were relatively same in FW and SW"

1680281398177.png

That matches my anecdotal experience.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had PLA products delaminate over time. It takes an awful long time for it to happen, on the order of 3 years, but it happened.

OP
OP
Printed Reef

Printed Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the magnets inside of the 3D printed rack sealed in epoxy? Or just sealed by the print itself? What plastic is used? PLA, PETG, or ASA?
The magnets themselves are fully plastic coated before filament ever touches them. We use PETG for all of our prints that come into contact with water.

OP
OP
Printed Reef

Printed Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the magnets themselves are sealed in a reef-safe plastic, and then they are sealed again by our reef-safe PETG plastic filament

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back