Introduction/coralamino

SaltyCupcake

Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow what is that called. It's beautiful. ❤❤

I'm not sure, to be honest. I'm still really new and quite fascinated with all the different shapes and colors that can be found in reefs. :D

This gif is a snapshot from a video called 'Slow Life' by a person named Danial Stoupin. He did time-lapse cinematography of 150,000 photos from the Great Barrier Reef. :)

Paratrooper Lutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody. My husband Paul and I (sharing) are excited to join and learn. We are not new to salt water tanks, however we are new to just doing a coral tank. We started a little JBJnana 12. It's pretty cool for a starter. Now I want bigger. Lol. In our tank we Xenia (lol) , Ricodia (2), RFA (3) , Firework clove (omg my fav), brain, frog spawn, bam bam Zoa, utter chaos, fire shrimp (1), snails (6 can be *****), and 3 crabs (they're jerks). Oh and green star polyp on back wall.

So I've been reading on coral amino. I started using 15 drops in the tank. Is that good, to much, or not enough. How do you figure out exactly what to use for the gallons you have?

I'm excited to see the growth but want to make sure I'm doing right?

By the way. I finally replaced the lights the nano came with and put an A I prime 16 and I'm following David saxby schedule. To much blue? What do y'all think. I love input. Lay it on me. You won't hurt my feelings. Hahaha.

Thanks everyone
Sharon Bell, reefer, Florida, East Coast

15876584914462075433295939315034.jpg
Welcome to the R2R Family
Good Reefing,
ParatrooperLUTZ or just Dean

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
pics!!!..we all love pics.. :)

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody. My husband Paul and I (sharing) are excited to join and learn. We are not new to salt water tanks, however we are new to just doing a coral tank. We started a little JBJnana 12. It's pretty cool for a starter. Now I want bigger. Lol. In our tank we Xenia (lol) , Ricodia (2), RFA (3) , Firework clove (omg my fav), brain, frog spawn, bam bam Zoa, utter chaos, fire shrimp (1), snails (6 can be *****), and 3 crabs (they're jerks). Oh and green star polyp on back wall.

So I've been reading on coral amino. I started using 15 drops in the tank. Is that good, to much, or not enough. How do you figure out exactly what to use for the gallons you have?

By the way. I finally replaced the lights the nano came with and put an A I prime 16 and I'm following David saxby schedule. To much blue? What do y'all think. I love input. Lay it on me. You won't hurt my feelings. Hahaha.

Thanks everyone

Welcome to R2R Sharon. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here to support and advise you.

Fakegolfnews

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks everyone

Corals LOVE the blue, how much blue just depends on your eye. I run my white at 1... haha

OP
OP
S

sharonb1014

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Which brand of aminos do you use, each should have specific amounts. not familiar with the lighting schedule, however I love the blue.

Using coral amino brightwell. The light schedule is a download from the A I signature series. There's several different programs you can run.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back