Introduction

AlecV

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

Glad to be sucked back into this hobby after about 10 years. I had a 29gal saltwater in high school that was going great, and then I got told that I was going to bootcamp early, so I had to sell everything in a hurry. I then had a 75gal LPS/SPS tank setup and had specific instructions for my now ex-wife to take care of the tank while I was deployed. To put it lightly, the whole tank crashed probably within the first 2 months of me being gone. Fast forward military time and a traveling lineman apprenticeship, I have finally setup a Red Sea Reefer170 to play with again. Its only been cycling for about 5 weeks now, I cant wait until I can start adding livestock in there. It just looks so bare without any movement or life in it.

Anyways, Im happy to be back in the reefing hobby and look forward to all of the information offered on this forum!

Alec

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
5F880AD7-C0EE-427E-AA39-5096C4E47351.gif

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

Glad to be sucked back into this hobby after about 10 years. I had a 29gal saltwater in high school that was going great, and then I got told that I was going to bootcamp early, so I had to sell everything in a hurry. I then had a 75gal LPS/SPS tank setup and had specific instructions for my now ex-wife to take care of the tank while I was deployed. To put it lightly, the whole tank crashed probably within the first 2 months of me being gone. Fast forward military time and a traveling lineman apprenticeship, I have finally setup a Red Sea Reefer170 to play with again. Its only been cycling for about 5 weeks now, I cant wait until I can start adding livestock in there. It just looks so bare without any movement or life in it.

Anyways, Im happy to be back in the reefing hobby and look forward to all of the information offered on this forum!

Alec
Welcome back, and to R2R! You will find that the technology has really made reefing easier! Enjoy the addiction! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
A

AlecV

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

I'm glad you decided to start again! What fish or coral are you planning on getting?
Im thinking a pair of Picasso Clowns, a firefish, goby and basslet.. maybe a blenny.

As for coral, I'll probably go with some beginner corals to learn the ropes again, duncans, zoas, leathers. Down the road when the tank matures more I'll get some acros, torches, hammers and some scolys

OP
OP
A

AlecV

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Sounds like you already have planned progression in your mind and that's a good thing. Lots of great info of folks to assist you along the way reside here!

happy animation GIF by Disney Pixar
Thank you! I look forward to all the information here. I do definitely have a plan and thats from hard lessons learned before along with the research I've done here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back