R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

Glad to be sucked back into this hobby after about 10 years. I had a 29gal saltwater in high school that was going great, and then I got told that I was going to bootcamp early, so I had to sell everything in a hurry. I then had a 75gal LPS/SPS tank setup and had specific instructions for my now ex-wife to take care of the tank while I was deployed. To put it lightly, the whole tank crashed probably within the first 2 months of me being gone. Fast forward military time and a traveling lineman apprenticeship, I have finally setup a Red Sea Reefer170 to play with again. Its only been cycling for about 5 weeks now, I cant wait until I can start adding livestock in there. It just looks so bare without any movement or life in it.

Anyways, Im happy to be back in the reefing hobby and look forward to all of the information offered on this forum!

Alec
Welcome back .
can’t wait to see your system as it progresses

Slickzxz9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the Hobby! Similar story, had 55G salt but had to deploy so I sold everything. Just getting back into it after 20+ years. Thanks for your service! Good luck!!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

Glad to be sucked back into this hobby after about 10 years. I had a 29gal saltwater in high school that was going great, and then I got told that I was going to bootcamp early, so I had to sell everything in a hurry. I then had a 75gal LPS/SPS tank setup and had specific instructions for my now ex-wife to take care of the tank while I was deployed. To put it lightly, the whole tank crashed probably within the first 2 months of me being gone. Fast forward military time and a traveling lineman apprenticeship, I have finally setup a Red Sea Reefer170 to play with again. Its only been cycling for about 5 weeks now, I cant wait until I can start adding livestock in there. It just looks so bare without any movement or life in it.

Anyways, Im happy to be back in the reefing hobby and look forward to all of the information offered on this forum!

Alec

Hi Alec and Welcome! Glad you joined. Thank you for your service!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back