OP
dtpollard

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Dave stay late? I'm shocked! :)

I'll throw up a meet notice here too just because I can.

The bad thing is I am now a full time college student and the RRC meets are still the best parties I have been to recently, they just need a few more (some) girls. :) For us unmarried members (former members).

underwaterfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you guy's and gals ever get to Roanoke you should check out UA. They just got a ton of new very,very nice acans and chalice in. Some mini colonies and quite a few large colonies. Fair prices too. Just thought I would give a heads up

Dave and Lisa

Wahoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey dtpollard, are you going to be in Cville this weekend? I just put water in my 75 gallon acrylic that I was working on and could use a second brain and set of eyes to make sure everything is solid before I give it a full go. LMK

OP
OP
dtpollard

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure. I think I am pretty open. In C'ville. now. Only have 1 class today, so could even come by today. sent you a pm w/ my #.

Wahoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, sorry I didn't call. I just filled it up with water this weekend and added some LR. Whats your week/weekend looking like?

Wahoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know when you will be free. Everything looks solid on the tank, but a second set of eyes couldn't hurt.

OP
OP
dtpollard

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give me a call. I am in town for class all week. I leave early today. Class is over at 12:45 then done for the day. I only have one class tomorrow as well. It is early also. I will get off around 12:00 noon.

likwidglostix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my 54 gal corner tank. I used all of the live rock and sand from my one year old BC14. Seeding the additional live rock, both from the lfs and included. Most of the lfs contribution was rubble to fill in behind the facing wall. Included in the move was an ocellaris, a flametail blennie, calaustrea, zoos/palys, red mushrooms, one ric, wild acro, 2 acan frags, galaxea, favites, gsp, 3 astreas, an emerald crab, ceriths, a blue leg, a nassarius and a coco worm.

Picture008.jpg

Added a day later was a cleaner shrimp, a Wheelers shrimp goby, and a royal gramma.

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

One week later after a trip to Atlantis:

Picture020.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Still finding the right homes for the corals, but they all seem to love that 175 20 k as much as I do. I've got a Koralia Nano that's going in there for the time being, I just need to get around to it.

I also need to learn to take better pictures.

likwidglostix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank came with two Ushios. The 14k didn't light, but I wanted the 20 k anyway. I've always heard people talk about the shimmer, but it's way cooler in person.

OP
OP
dtpollard

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Where are you located? Looks like thats going to be a nice tank. I can't wait to watch the progress. I have always like the corner tanks.

rybitski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, my name is Chris and I live in Radford. I work for the FedEx in Roanoke so I am back and forth every M-F. I got into the saltwater hobby last summer when one of the FedEx drivers gave me his entire set-up sump, stand, tank, live rock and all. Currently I only have live rock, a yellow tang, 2 blue devil damsels, and 2 four stripped damsels. I am looking to getting into corals soon tho. Just thought that I would drop in and say hello.

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to Charlottesville, va

Hi all,

I just moved to Charlottesville from San Diego, Ca and don't have a tank yet. I parted out my tank in SD and sold everything - thought that would be easier than trying to move it all across the country. I am now renting a house so I think I'll downsize to a small 40 gallon breeder in case I have to move it. Anyway, I've been keeping fish tanks for around 15 years and Saltwater specifically for 10 years. I used to only keep saltwater fish until a few years ago I switched to reef tanks and I'm totally addicted. It seems saltwater aquarium resources are rather limited in this area. I'm planning on getting the tank set up in a month or two - anyone planning on selling any SPS frags around that time?
My approach to my reef tank has been to use as little technology as possible and let nature do the work. My last tank was only filtered by an algae turf scrubber, rock, sand and all the little creatures I could get to live in the system. It was amazingly simple and a very healthy tank. If your interested, I found some interesting reading on the sites below:

An idea

My tanks (in multiple parts)

I look foreword to talking with all of you on this forum.....I think these forums are a great place to learn and share.

punkroc701

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! My name is Chris and I'm actually up in Winchester. I have been in the hobby for just under a year now. I started with a 5 gal nano (which is still up) I currently have a 55 I am about to break down as I have a 120 I am getting set up slowly. I have a few pictures of the road behind as well as the current build, but as I just got on here today have yet to upload any. I am always looking for people in the hobby to talk to (I am also on a couple more local forums one of which meets up every couple months for get togethers) as well as people interested in trading frags (or people selling them). I am into Zoas mainly but also like favias and acans. SPS's and I do not see eye to eye yet, all but one have died on me so far. I have a slow (and I do mean slow) growing Red Monti which is the only one that has survived. Anyway I just saw a Virginia listing here and thought I'd say hi. Let me know if any one wants to trade some time.

NC_ocean18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I live in Fredericksburg, VA and am looking for other fish enthusiasts in the area. I have a 45gal reef I established to keep the addiction at bay while I was in school, but grew up with a 90gal and want to upgrade as soon as funds allow. My reef is well established and I am constantly tossing out Kenya tree coral to keep it from overrunning the tank, and my pink tip green frogspawn pops off babies on the regular. If anyone lives in the Fredericksburg area and want's some free Kenya tree coral (1-2" expand to 3+"), hit me up. I'd love to chat and/or trade, and am also looking for stomatella snails, mushrooms, and any assortment of polyps if anyone needs to thin out their population. :wink:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back