InvaderJim's 80g shallow reef

Bare with me. Learning a new camera.

53162338236_0e1a50c1d4_k.jpg


53162546339_f1248e7867_k.jpg


53161748767_f8dba81666_k.jpg


53162338326_466c3b4167_k.jpg
 
Started lowering the lights back down finally. I had almost forgotten how high I raised them when I was having tank issues. They were at 14" off the water! Going to do about an inch a week until I get to around 8". Hoping I get some better growth because I'm sure the PAR is low.

Next thing on the to do list is pull out the rock with the green palys and red monti cap. I love the cap but it and the palys are taking up a ton of real estate. I will probably keep a chunk of the cap and just put it down low on one of the sides or something so its limited to how much room it can take up.
 
Do you dose trace elements for your goniopora? Water change schedule? Direct Feeding?

Thanks!
 
Do you dose trace elements for your goniopora? Water change schedule? Direct Feeding?

Thanks!
Not dosing anything or directly feeding them. I just feed the tank with Herbivore frenzy. I try to do 10% water change once a week. Always had good luck with gonis, not sure why.
 
WOW! Fantastic!!!
 
Great looking tank. I pick mine up next week. I was really hoping to see that you ended up drilling the return to give me the confidence to do it.
 
Great looking tank. I pick mine up next week. I was really hoping to see that you ended up drilling the return to give me the confidence to do it.
I had everything ready to go to do it, but ultimately wanted to keep the clear background so drilling it would have ruined the aesthetic. Although you can hardly see the back anymore lol.
 
Last edited:
It's been nearly 2 years since your last update. How is the tank? What's new? What's happening? What's different?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new