Invasive branching sponge (and bubble algae)

  • Thread starter Thread starter EchoPear
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EchoPear

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2024
Messages
137
Reaction score
57
Location
Fort Wayne
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7366.jpeg


Hey all, I am dealing with some invasive sponge that irritates corals and grows over them (spread to a rock with gsp, and it’s growing right over it). I pull off the “fingers” whenever I’m in the tank doing other things but want to find a way to rid it from the tank. Has anyone had success squirting it with drugstore peroxide, or maybe f aptasia? I also have a bubble algae problem with an emerald crab in QT, but looking for something I can put onto the sponge and the bubble algae that would kill it locally
 
I ripped mine out carefully with a wire toothbrush.
Gone now, but maybe they return?
Aptasia X and F-Aptasia did nothin, it’s passing water so it just shoots back out.
Covered a few with underwater Expoxy, so far, that works.
 
I ripped mine out carefully with a wire toothbrush.
Gone now, but maybe they return?
Aptasia X and F-Aptasia did nothin, it’s passing water so it just shoots back out.
Covered a few with underwater Expoxy, so far, that works.
I ended up sticking a metal reusable straw in the end of a siphon tube. Works pretty well but have to clear clogs often
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new