Invert Breeding Forum?

Whys Alives

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed the "Fish Breeding" forum as well as the "General Invert" forum, but no Invert Breeding forum. I breed inverts, having successfully bread Sexy Shrimp in large numbers. I have no interest in breeding fish, but do intend to try my hand at other inverts. Where should I put such a thread?

Thank you for your time.

MistaOrange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there should be a breeding section for inverts. Would like to get more info on breeding inverts especially Thor amboinensis as they are my favourite inverts...

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome stuff! My sexy shrimps breed like mad but I have never tried to rear them. My other breeding inverts are brittle stars, limpets and stomatellas. Oh and some of the other snails also breed.

I would just put topics about this under the invert section.

OP
OP
Whys Alives

Whys Alives

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As dedicated as I am to specifically invert breeding, I realize it's a fairly niche part of the hobby. I think it would be acceptable to just retitle the fish breeding forum as the Fish & Invert Breeding forum.

Given the considerable similarities that exist between pelagic larvae of both fish and inverts, it seems natural to keep the two together in one forum. But that's just my opinion.

On the other hand, is there a forum for threads about culturing? I'll be doing a lot of cultures in the near future: rotifers, phyto, and flatworms.

For fun, here were the results of my Sexy Breeding. :)

Maybe a couple weeks after settlement:
thor_grow_out_2.jpg

Maybe about a month after settlement.
thor_grow_out_3.jpg

The breeding of marine inverts is something I'm very serious about.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am going to change the fish to fish and inverts. BTW Whys Alives can you post some threads about the sexy shrimp? :)

OP
OP
Whys Alives

Whys Alives

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to change the fish to fish and inverts. BTW Whys Alives can you post some threads about the sexy shrimp? :)

Absolutely! And thank you for the title change. :)

My former Sexy thread is rather long and idiosyncratic, so it might prove useful to abridge and refine the documentation. I'll consider posting a Beginner's Guide to Sexy Breeding and offer to mentor anyone interested in breeding them. They really are ideal for beginners.

To answers a previous question, yes, I built a kreisel using a 6g jug in a 10g tank. I can offer some pointers on that as well. The design ultimately worked out beautifully.

Oh... and remaining question: where should culture threads go?

Thanks again for the help. :)

MistaOrange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely! And thank you for the title change. :)

My former Sexy thread is rather long and idiosyncratic, so it might prove useful to abridge and refine the documentation. I'll consider posting a Beginner's Guide to Sexy Breeding and offer to mentor anyone interested in breeding them. They really are ideal for beginners.

To answers a previous question, yes, I built a kreisel using a 6g jug in a 10g tank. I can offer some pointers on that as well. The design ultimately worked out beautifully.

Oh... and remaining question: where should culture threads go?

Thanks again for the help. :)

Yes please dude that would be awesome... Laws have just changed here in SA regarding to breeding & propagating which now allows us to breed ornamentals freely. I'm keen to start breeding inverts as they are so expensive over here.

OP
OP
Whys Alives

Whys Alives

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've complete an abridged but comprehensive thread that compiles and streamlines all of the most significant documentation I created while breeding sexy shrimp. However, it consists of 12 videos and 31 photos. I suspect I'm going to run into some issues trying to post it to this site, especially since I'm a new member with few post privileges. Specifically, I'd like to be able to edit my posts. But my primary concern is that I will need to build the thread using multiple posts and I'm concerned another user might post between.

Here is a copy of the current draft:

Sexy Breeding -- An Illustrated Guide

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can edit here now so get to writing!! :)

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your guide is awesome. Very cool, thanks so much for sharing. Excellent instruction.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back