Invert sources

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started reefing about 2 years ago and have gotten away with some bad practices, some bit me in the butt.
Now Im upgrading to a 125g and am going to try my best to set this up right.
I've got a 75g with corals thats 3 weeks fallow right now. My fish are in another 75 with no corals.
I want to add some inverts, but I dont want to start over on my fallow tank.
I just visited out lfs here and every tank I saw had fish.
Do you guys know any reputable source that sells inverts But also stocks them with no fish? My idea is, I'd like to contact them to see how long their stock has been fallow and start the 76 days from there.
Or maybe I'll just have to start all over once I add these new guys in. Or at least set up yet another tank for the inverts to sit in for a few months.
I'm looking to add an urchin, bubble bee shrimp and some snails.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started reefing about 2 years ago and have gotten away with some bad practices, some bit me in the butt.
I've got a 75g with corals thats 3 weeks fallow right now. My fish are in another 75 with no corals.
Do you guys know any reputable source that sells inverts But also stocks them with no fish? My idea is, I'd like to contact them to see how long their stock has been fallow and start the 76 days from there.
Or maybe I'll just have to start all over once I add these new guys in. Or at least set up yet another tank for the inverts to sit in for a few months.
You could try ordering online. I’m sure if you ask the retailer, they’ll tell if they kept them in a fallow tank or not.

OP
OP
H

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering online for them. I was looking for some recommendations.

Tony R.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've had good luck with Pacific East Aquaculture. Great service!

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IPSF is my go to for captive bred critters - snails, crabs, worms, macros, etc. I think they use ocean water but don’t raise fish. Gerald is very helpful and responsive to questions.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back