Investing in RO/DI

DanLev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so I’m thinking about investing into a RO/DI because I’m sick and tired of going to the store and gallons of water for my tank. I have a well and it contains sulfur and we use Clorine to get rid of the smell but i need a RO/DI for my reef tank and I’m not sure what stage RO/DI I should get. Any suggestions?

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your case, I would go with one that has a micron for 1st stage, 2nd stage use a chlorine buster type carbon block going into a dual RO membrane, (improves efficiency as you need 65-80psi for good production), then into a dual DI.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DanLev

DanLev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a small tank and dont need a high GPD this one is proven and unbeatable at the price:

Well price doesn’t matter to me I was just wondering if I need a 4 stage or a 5 stage or maybe 6 I don’t know

Upvote 0

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a large tank and want true proven excellent quality water I’d go with a 5-7 stage. All the online bulk companies have them like BRS, saltwateraquariums.com, marine depot, and etc

Upvote 0

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all have them but are all DI resins and carbon blocks the same? Are there any Abyzz pump if you will filter replacements or are the standard ones that come with these systems all basically the same?

Upvote 0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back