Iodine or peroxide dip

Mitsie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Lately i am reading alot about iodine and peroxide dips for zoanthids that dont open. Is there any one with a succes story? I got 1 frag thats closed now for 2 weeks and i want to give it a try. Anyone here with some experience that can help me out?

Kind Regards

Mitch

JustDewwit

One frag at a time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had very good success with both dips. The overall factor is the existing health of the coral. Here a photo of one I did today. I dipped my Evil Hearts with 50/50 tank water and peroxide for 2-3 minutes max. Next I rinse thoroughly and I mean thoughly( Notice peroxide dipped color effect my mushrooms and I lost an Aquaman Mushroom as a result) .

I only dip once they are in severe need. I also dip in Seachem Reef Dip when I suspect fungus and bacterial issues. Yes, I have did both concurrently.

20191208_180936.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mitsie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had very good success with both dips. The overall factor is the existing health of the coral. Here a photo of one I did today. I dipped my Evil Hearts with 50/50 tank water and peroxide for 2-3 minutes max. Next I rinse thoroughly and I mean thoughly( Notice peroxide dipped color effect my mushrooms and I lost an Aquaman Mushroom as a result) .

I only dip once they are covered or dip in Seachem Reef Dip when they I suspect fungus and bacterial issues.

20191208_180936.jpg

Looks good is there any specific brand i need to look for? Or it dont matter what brand i choose aslong it is 3%

I dont know if the frag is healthy enough, but there is only one way to find out i guess.

JustDewwit

One frag at a time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any brand will do . Overall 2 weeks is cutting it close. Depends if zoa was 100% shut.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 155 43.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 54 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back