ION Director - measuring Ca + Mg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We didn't want to announce our next product, the ION Director, before we have ALL facts, especially prices and availability, and all technical details, because announcing too early can lead to unnecessary pressure and dissatisfaction - so we tried to avoid that.

BUT: So many people who knew that we are working on a solution for measuring Calcium had been asking the last weeks, we felt that it is overdue to announce now at least the most important (and already firm) facts.

This is already clear about the ION Director:
  • will measure (at least) Calcium and Magnesium
  • no reagents, works with sensors (but still needs calibration fluid)
  • several measurements per day (customizable), no permanent measurement
  • needs a Doser Standalone, ProfiLux 3 or ProfiLux 4 as a "brain" for operation, connected over ProfiLux Aquatic Bus (similar principle as KH Director)
  • needs 2 or 3 pumps (still under development): sample in/out, calibration fluid in + out
  • can also control Ca and Mg (via changing dosing amounts or switching sockets)
  • small sample amount
  • self calibrating
  • usual features as for our other measurements: alarms, graphs, etc.
  • will be shown at Macna 2019
  • sales start November 2019
No final information about prices yet. No details about the probes resp. their lifetime can be announced at this point.
Our main goals are to have very accurate readings, long probe lifetime and reasonably priced replacement probes. We are working hard with our probe vendor on that.

Our tests are extremely promising, this is how it will look like (maybe changes in details):
IonDirector.jpg

More details ASAP!

Last edited:

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"We didn't want to announce our next product, the ION Director, before we have ALL facts, especially prices and availability, and all technical details, because announcing too early can lead to unnecessary pressure and dissatisfaction - so we tried to avoid that."

THE SHADDDEEEEEEEEEE :D

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious @Matthias Gross if you can share:

If measurement is via probes only, without reagent, why no continuous monitoring (which is what I understood you to mean by permanent measurement)?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious @Matthias Gross if you can share:

If measurement is via probes only, without reagent, why no continuous monitoring (which is what I understood you to mean by permanent measurement)?
Because probes need to be calibrated before each measurement. It's what i understand. We will to have calibration fluid bottle.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool!! I love innovation!!

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many dosing heads are required for the Kh and ION director? Trying to figure out a parts lists to measure Kh,Mg and Ca.

KH Director Requires...
1 to pull from tank/sump
1 to add reagent
1 to remove water from KHD to waste container
1 (optional) to dose KH.

This one looks like (from above)
"needs 2 or 3 pumps (still under development): sample in/out, calibration fluid in + out"

FDAWG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KH Director Requires...
1 to pull from tank/sump
1 to add reagent
1 to remove water from KHD to waste container
1 (optional) to dose KH.

This one looks like (from above)
"needs 2 or 3 pumps (still under development): sample in/out, calibration fluid in + out"

So I’m going to need x2 Stand-alone dosers, Kh director, ION director and the Profilux controller to measure those 3 elements. [emoji848][emoji3166]

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wording above is interesting, for KHD you don't need SA dosers, you can have slave + ProfiLux, or a standalone doser (if you use this combo, you lose the ability to historically track your measurements).

I'd think if you had a ProfiLux, you wouldn't need a SA doser, but that is an assumption and definitely conflicts with what the OP said.

ReefyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m going to need x2 Stand-alone dosers, Kh director, ION director and the Profilux controller to measure those 3 elements. [emoji848][emoji3166]

Yeah this was my point in the other thread. Sounds like it’s going to be a lot more devices and a whole lot more $$$ to do basically the same thing as their ‘competitor’, if you want to call it that.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we may be overlooking a statement: :)
At least, which means in my opinion it is going to be more then Calcium and Magnesium the question is what other test are coming ;)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we may be overlooking a statement: :)
At least, which means in my opinion it is going to be more then Calcium and Magnesium the question is what other test are coming ;)
Maybe potassium and strontium (hopefully)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back