ION is nearly here...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you need a monthly subscription for this? or just upfront cost?

so just wanna get this right for my to test alk, calk mag etc i need the ion director, KH Director and a GHL doser? what is that like 1200 bucks?

Upfront cost + reagent/calibration fluid cost.As a minimum, ION Director, KH Director, Stand Alone Doser, and slave doser.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you need a monthly subscription for this? or just upfront cost?

so just wanna get this right for my to test alk, calk mag etc i need the ion director, KH Director and a GHL doser? what is that like 1200 bucks?
No monthly subscription.
The cost would be in the devices itself plus the reference fluids which are consumables.

For auto testing and control of 6 parameters, you would need a KHD set and IOND set.

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize in advance if i missed this. I went back and reread, but did not see it. Do we have an exact date with all that is going on when GHL is going to start shipping?

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize in advance if i missed this. I went back and reread, but did not see it. Do we have an exact date with all that is going on when GHL is going to start shipping?
We thank you very much for the overwhelming number of IOND pre-orders. Unfortunately we are not able to give any reliable information about the start of delivery at the moment, because the procurement of material for the IOND – in contrast to the other products – still proves to be difficult. At this point we are certain that the planned delivery start (the first IOND should be delivered at the end of this month) cannot be kept. We are aware that many customers are very much looking forward to the delivery start, my employees and I are doing everything to be able to deliver as soon as possible. This month we will publish more detailed information about the IOND delivery start. We ask kindly for your understanding.

Saw this on their site

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We thank you very much for the overwhelming number of IOND pre-orders. Unfortunately we are not able to give any reliable information about the start of delivery at the moment, because the procurement of material for the IOND – in contrast to the other products – still proves to be difficult. At this point we are certain that the planned delivery start (the first IOND should be delivered at the end of this month) cannot be kept. We are aware that many customers are very much looking forward to the delivery start, my employees and I are doing everything to be able to deliver as soon as possible. This month we will publish more detailed information about the IOND delivery start. We ask kindly for your understanding.

Saw this on their site
Thanks for passing that along!

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No monthly subscription.
The cost would be in the devices itself plus the reference fluids which are consumables.

For auto testing and control of 6 parameters, you would need a KHD set and IOND set.
what is shortest amount of tests you can do on director? at the minimum testing, how long should the reagent / calibration fluid last ?

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is shortest amount of tests you can do on director? at the minimum testing, how long should the reagent / calibration fluid last ?
Once daily is the least amount you can test iirc. For reagent it varies based on your alkalinity levels. I would tell you what I am using on average, but I didn't have that logging active.

For the calibration fluid. iirc it is 5-10ml per bottle per test.

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once daily is the least amount you can test iirc. For reagent it varies based on your alkalinity levels. I would tell you what I am using on average, but I didn't have that logging active.

For the calibration fluid. iirc it is 5-10ml per bottle per test.
On average testing 1 time daily how long does the bottle last you? 3-4 months or 1-2 months?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I've gone through 2.5L of KHD reagent since August last year. I default to 4x daily testing now, but have gone through ~week long periods of 8-10x to dial things in or observe how doing things is messing with the alkalinity uptake, etc. I'd guess around 3L per year at around 7-8 dKH, testing 4x daily. Higher tank dKH will require more reagent per use, thought I'm not sure how that scales.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back