ION is nearly here...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Scheduled deliveries begin March 31, 2020. Deliveries will be made in the same order as the binding (pre-)orders.
  • For ION Director (all sets and single devices) pre-orders until January 31, 2020 a 15% pre-order discount is available. After that the list prices apply. The pre-order discount is available directly at GHL and all participating dealers.
  • Scope of delivery: All ION Director single devices and sets include a Multi-ION probe and 2 bottles of reference fluids (500ml each)
  • Recommended retail prices for Germany (other regions may vary):
    ION Director single device 499.90€ (424.92€ when pre-ordered before January 31, 2020)
    ION Director Standalone Set 899.90€ (764.92€ when pre-ordered before January 31, 2020)
    ION Director Slave Set 849.90€ (722.42€ when pre-ordered before January 31, 2020)
    Replacement multi-ion probe 129.90€
    (all prices for Germany incl. 19% German VAT and excl. shipping, the full conditions for the pre-order discount are available from GHL and participating dealers)

Order now links to their German order. @Vinny@GHLUSA and the rest of GHL USA is getting blown up soon :D

U

User1

View Badges
Convert the currency and get the price today. At least a rough estimate.

What I'd be looking for is the frequency of the calibration fluid and probe replacement. Not starting an argument but those are important tidbits of information. If one is to compare it to subscription and reagents.

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What I'd be looking for is the frequency of the calibration fluid and probe replacement. Not starting an argument but those are important tidbits of information. If one is to compare it to subscription and reagents.
I agree the life of the probe is important to me as well, the price of €129 every couple of years is Okish!! If the calibration fluid prices are the same as KHD fluid I’m not sure I’ll be bothering as it will all start to add up to be too much

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Xepta is a different product but appears to work on the same concept. When I spoke to Ricardo at Coralvue, he indicated their calibration fluid would be much cheaper than reagent as the calibration fluid will be just saltwater with specific parameters.

Hopefully that's the same for the GHL product :)

U

User1

View Badges
I agree the life of the probe is important to me as well, the price of €129 every couple of years is Okish!! If the calibration fluid prices are the same as KHD fluid I’m not sure I’ll be bothering as it will all start to add up to be too much

Yeah - probe replacement would seem like a normal wear and tear item similar to brakes on a car. If it is like an oil change then I would maybe question the price a bit more.

Calibration fluid may be a moot point. The trident reagents come with calibration fluid. Anyone looking at any of the systems of course have to look at all of this to decide. The Q1 date seems to align with their note of February a couple weeks back.

I'm sure there are a lot of excited GHL users. Best of luck to you and of course the roll out.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

9-12 months for the probe is being thrown out there by at least one of the major resellers. Not a good answer if true, tbh.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is going to be an interesting one. The calibration fluid I understand is used at every test, but the water testing chamber shouldn't be nearly as large as the one in the KHD.

Fluid guess would be $20 for the 500ml bottle, X3 for both directors... so $60 a quarterish depending on testing frequency? Too early to really say with any certainty though.

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spend a lot on reagents for testing so you can either eliminate that cost or at least considerably reduce it and reduce the impact on your wallet, plus the amount of time each week that I spend testing. I'm a big tester, although i know, some are not. for me, the time is worth a lot.

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently how often do you *manually* test the parameters the ION director will be testing? If you set the ION director to the same frequency the cost of calibration fluid is almost a moot point. If you were to test with traditional test kits all the parameters, every hour, how much would that cost in test kit refills? Just something to bear in mind when looking at the price of fluids. Maybe setting ION director to test once day is enough (it's still more stable and regular than 99% of reefers out there).

U

User1

View Badges
Currently how often do you *manually* test the parameters the ION director will be testing? If you set the ION director to the same frequency the cost of calibration fluid is almost a moot point. If you were to test with traditional test kits all the parameters, every hour, how much would that cost in test kit refills? Just something to bear in mind when looking at the price of fluids. Maybe setting ION director to test once day is enough (it's still more stable and regular than 99% of reefers out there).

It doesn't work exactly like that and unfortunately it will be used to calculate overall ownership. Be it replacing probes once a year, 9 - 12 months, calibration fluid, subscription for dics, or reagents. Just a yard stick when people look at what they are going to invest in. They are already doing this with the Trident and Mindstream...so welcome to the club.

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pre order only brings up a blank email. They said they have received hundreds of pre orders already. Not sure what info they want. Don't want to just send a credit card number unsecured.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pre order only brings up a blank email. They said they have received hundreds of pre orders already. Not sure what info they want. Don't want to just send a credit card number unsecured.
That is for their international customers to provide a quote and whatnot. They stated that the GHL USA store should be updated today to take preorders and USD pricing.

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw that but also saw US customers ordering and Mathias did not tell them to wait. Also, on the US site, there is an ION D update and redirect to the ordering page now.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back