Irrigation grade fitting safe for reef tank?

I saw those at HD, or Lowe’s, and they had the California warning label on them?? The Grey Fittings, didn’t have that warning.
 
I saw those at HD, or Lowe’s, and they had the California warning label on them?? The Grey Fittings, didn’t have that warning.
Yeah unfortunately I couldn't find one that would fit in the gray fittings which is why I opted for the blue one, and as you stated, the California warning label. If it's not a concern for aquarium use I'll use but curious if anyone else can weigh in
 
I talked with Tech support at Lasco Westlake plastics.

He let me know its NOT food Grade approved, but is potable water approved, and is very familiar with saltwater corrosion levels and said it is 100% safe doe saltwater use and will not break down or leach.
The product is an acetone based plastic.

Hopefully more technically correct than " Its fine" :)
 
I talked with Tech support at Lasco Westlake plastics.

He let me know its NOT food Grade approved, but is potable water approved, and is very familiar with saltwater corrosion levels and said it is 100% safe doe saltwater use and will not break down or leach.
The product is an acetone based plastic.

Hopefully more technically correct than " Its fine" :)


Same outcome. Less words
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new