Is a clam hammock/holder necessary?

badstorm48

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
400
Reaction score
107
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a clam and my lfs told me to buy a glass ash tray put it in there with some sand on it and place the clam on it. The thing is I can't find a glass ash tray to save my life. Tried Walmart gas stations right aid Walgreens and none of them have any. The reason being is that worms and such will attack the foot and kill it. So does anybody else have any ideas so that they don't kill my clam? Or is it really necessary? I have it in the sand bed.
 
U can use any live rock that's shaped right. Or ask the LFS if they ha e any shells from passed clams. They seem to b the perfect shape. It will also depend on the type of clam. Derseras like the sand bed. And most squamossas will grow so large they detach from shear weight,so they would b fine.
 
or you can use a clam shell those work well too
 
So I went to dollar genera and bought a candle holder it's flat, but it'll get the job done I think
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new