Is a Reef Aquarist a Nerd?

I consider myself to be pretty darn cool but my 13 year old daughter would say otherwise! HA!

My wife though says I a nerd when it comes to the hobby. What do you think.

Are all hobbyists nerds? :nerd:

I think your daughter hit the nail on the head!:tongue:
 
This is funny, one day, early into the hobby, I went into my lfs and started talking to one of the guys that worked there. He asked me if I have ever been online on any of the forums, I said what forums? you mean people gather online to talk about fish tanks? I swear, in my head I was thinking, what a loser this guy is. Lol, "He actually goes online and looks at fish tank forums." Lol. Now look at me, I log onto this site like 10 times a day, every time I have a minute, and walk past the computer, I go on this forum. I guess my cool days are behind me. Oh well, I love it!
 
I consider myself a reef geek and proud of it. :nerd:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new