Is a vortex too strong for my tank?

Nero 3/5 or AI Orbit. I would also go with the Meso flakes non-live and rinse well.
Could you explain why non live. Also isn't the orbit or the Nero alot more work to clean? Could the Nero or orbit be attached at back so its not shown even though its an AIO? Appreciate it
 
Could you explain why non live. Also isn't the orbit or the Nero alot more work to clean? Could the Nero or orbit be attached at back so its not shown even though its an AIO? Appreciate it
The amount live bacteria are slim to none in bagged, won't go into detail as there's tons of threads on it. The sand will become live sand as your tanks bacteria takes hold. Also, you still would want to rinse the live sand as it's super dusty so you'd would be better off with the dry anyways.

The Nero's are super easy to clean along with the Orbit. The Nero's would blend much better with your back wall. The magnets are big on the Orbit so I would think they would only work in veritcal fasion.
 
Thank you! That is a lobo. I would go all meso, unless you plan on keeping something that requires finer particles. Meso is plenty small for gobies and jawfish though. My tank is a 48 inch 75, i think i went with 60lbs? They should have a calculator somewhere, ill see if i can find it. I went with 2.5 inches. 3 wouldnt hurt though.
So I googled lobo...is there any more specific name I should be searching? Or just lobo? Thanks and sorry for gawking over your lobo. Couldn't help it lol
 
Yep, Lobophyllia.
1000006375.jpg


Aslo, that is what the sand looks like. Most of what you see is reef flake, the meso worked its way into the corners and next to the rock.
 
I want to get the mp vortech. My tank is a IM 50 gallon fusion pro 2 andwas planning on ordering Tropic Eden Mesoflakes for sand.
Will the vortex be too powerful and move my sand. If I put it towards bottom I get that heightens chance but what do you think? Is my tank too small for these pumps and would i need more than 1? I also wanted to get the oscillating heads instead of my narrow ones on back of tank. I think that's my return pump? Not sure.
Here are some pics of my scape

IMG-20250515-WA0018.jpeg 20250525_233628.jpg 20250525_233727.jpg 20250525_233653.jpg
nice scape.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new