Is acropower just for acros.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddc0715
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2018
Messages
1,187
Reaction score
616
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a mixed tank. And was wondering this cause i go 0 acro's
 
I got a mixed tank. And was wondering this cause i go 0 acro's
No- it is aminos and beneficial for acro health but IT IS AMINOS AND CAN be used for ALL coral
 
It benefits all coral. My zoas and ephyllia all looked better while the tank was getting dosed acro power. It’s great stuff!
 
It is probably more beneficial to other corals than acros since some of them (like LPS) have way more tissue for it to absorb through. Use away. Single cell algae and bacteria also can absorb aminos through their cell walls, so they probably get the bulk of it... and the pods will probably love you if you can get those to multiply faster.

If anybody knew what aminos where in it, it would be even easier to tell.
 
I like Acropower but it contains a lot of growth amino's from what I've heard including Aspartate which is a salt or ester of aspartic acid.

I believe it's the aspartate that forms these weird little nubs on the bases of my corals which really annoys me. I've seen this with about 50% or more of my stony corals. I really wish this one ingredient was absent from Acropower. Other than that it absolutely works and I feel it's beneficial for almost all corals.
 
I like Acropower but it contains a lot of growth amino's from what I've heard including Aspartate which is a salt or ester of aspartic acid.

I believe it's the aspartate that forms these weird little nubs on the bases of my corals which really annoys me. I've seen this with about 50% or more of my stony corals. I really wish this one ingredient was absent from Acropower. Other than that it absolutely works and I feel it's beneficial for almost all corals.
Nobody knows what’s in acropower. We only know that aminos are in it. Nubs? I’ve never heard of that...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new