is anyone else nerdier than i am?

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you could definitely not tell by looking at me on a normal day. but inside i'm a pretty huge nerd.

but i'm showing it today. i'm wearing a t-shirt at work that has a periodic table on the back of the shirt (yeah, thats bad enough right?). and it says "chemists do it on the table periodically". :lol:

oh yeah, i also have a credit card sized copy (looks exactly like a credit card) of the periodic table i keep in my wallet at all times.

so far its only use has come in handy on the TV trivia games at BW3's, during the science rounds when they ask a question about an element, like what is the atomic weight of plutonium? lol

Mr. Ugly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so nerdy, I think phosphine soap bubbles are the funniest thing :)

As a kid I played with chloroform that I made from bleach and nail polish remover :)

Gunpowder was too boring, so I made nitrogen triiodide contact explosives :)

Cr2O7 - incendiary, unstable, probably carcinogenic... but loads of fun :)

Mr. Ugly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wearing a SANS t-shirt right now.

CDI West 2004 Cyberdefense Initiative

I cut the sleeves off and wear it to workouts :)

vetteman

licking zoa's
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are nerds !!!! I guess it's ok to trade frags with you but please don't make me meet you face to face and talk with you and let other people see me with you OK :D

Reefwifey

Zoa Black Thumb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh....I'm plenty nerdy.

I have a tee that says, 'There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't... ' on the back. There's a welcome mat at my cube entrance that says 'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'. For father's day I send my father a tee that said Dad in binary across the front of it, I guess its genetic: :geek:

Where did you get the periodic tables tee Surfn? My hubby is a chemist, he'd get a kick out of it.

This is funny too:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/science/8408/
Kam

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I thought I was a nerd. I guess ocmputer and chemical people are nerdier than us mech E's :D . I had a shirt in high school with derivatives on the front and antiderivatives on the back. In college, we had the most hated shirt on campus. There was nothing on the front, except for a pocket with the icons for all of the engineering departments (CE, ME, EE, Hydro E, Computer Science, etc.). On the back it said 'Get a Real major...'. I was in band... Music majors for the most part are very insecure in their major, as was evident in their reaction to my twice a week donning of the shirt for band practice (had a few of those shirts). So I was an engineering nerd AND a band geek. I'm proud to say none f it has worn off ;) .

Reefwifey

Zoa Black Thumb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Giggle...I'm a band geek too. I had a sticker once that said, 'Don't drink and derive.' Coralnutz: I think most folks around my work get the 127.0.0.1 thing, lots of web folks. :)

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahaha i love that shirt in the link you posted!!! if it wasnt green, it would definitely be something I'd wear.

the shirt i have is from my chemistry fraternity. alpha chi sigma.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeez... LOL I love the chemist TShirt... yes, yes they do. College was awesome.
:D
Laurie

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are books you can buy at barnes and noble and stuff that explain the theories on space/time, and anti-matter which are really interesting reads.

just stay away from the math/physics parts. it takes "special" people to understand that kind of stuff that see things in the world that "normal" people dont see :lol:

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
::preens::

Good looking geek chicks are the best, because we can keep your mind interested as well. Only thing is, we get into these weird little hobbies... LOL Poor Kris.

:D
Laurie

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 183 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back