Is Apex trident have big nosie?

kamkam1999

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently i have purchased KHA from AquaWiz in Taiwan, however when it testing KH it made a big noise in 20mins. (6-7times a day)
Since i place my tank at lobby, i received complaint from my parents, so i decided to sell it out...

After i google which automated testing system is good for my tank, i found apex trident, will it also have any noise when it running?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex will, like most other pieces of machinery make some noise while testing; this is to be expected and can not be 100% avoided.

That being said, in my personal experience it is not loud as such. Can I hear it? Yes! Do I notice? Yes!

Do I mind? No...

Q: Do you own a Neptune Apex system already?

What is your idea of "bin noise"? Now, this is subjective obviously- and not entirely measurable unless you're sitting ready with a decibel meter that is ;)

OP
OP
kamkam1999

kamkam1999

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex will, like most other pieces of machinery make some noise while testing; this is to be expected and can not be 100% avoided.

That being said, in my personal experience it is not loud as such. Can I hear it? Yes! Do I notice? Yes!

Do I mind? No...

Q: Do you own a Neptune Apex system already?

What is your idea of "bin noise"? Now, this is subjective obviously- and not entirely measurable unless you're sitting ready with a decibel meter that is ;)
Oh no...thanks for your sharing, then i better choose dosing and keep checking Ca Mg Kh daily..

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can look at standalone devices such as the Alka / Mastertronic or the ReefBot if you don't already own a Neptune Apex.

I used the Reef Factory KH Keeper (only alkalinity!) in the past with good results as well. That one was really quiet btw.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you can and decide to get an Apex and the Trident to go with it, you can manually go in and set the time for tests to run. This way you could have it run tests when no one is around.

It’s a “hack” to do this but many of us have been doing it for years with no issues. I test half as often so it saves me money as well on reagents.

OP
OP
kamkam1999

kamkam1999

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can look at standalone devices such as the Alka / Mastertronic or the ReefBot if you don't already own a Neptune Apex.

I used the Reef Factory KH Keeper (only alkalinity!) in the past with good results as well. That one was really quiet btw.
Reef factory KH Keeper seems better for me.. let me ask whether it will shipping to Hong Kong. Anyway, thanks for your advise

OP
OP
kamkam1999

kamkam1999

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can and decide to get an Apex and the Trident to go with it, you can manually go in and set the time for tests to run. This way you could have it run tests when no one is around.

It’s a “hack” to do this but many of us have been doing it for years with no issues. I test half as often so it saves me money as well on reagents.
i've read some say it can combined tests twice a day(day and night) plus 1-2tests in KH

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back