Is Cyphastrea a sps or lps?

  • Thread starter Thread starter James M
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Is Cyphastrea a sps or lps?

  • Lps

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Sps

    Votes: 6 60.0%

  • Total voters
    10

James M

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2018
Messages
9,482
Reaction score
13,009
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think that it’s a sps as it has small polyp extension. What do you guys think ?

BCDE7D0C-EA7A-4825-AB51-2BC8A6C44454.jpeg


4BA587EC-2F30-4812-9972-FAFA9160B459.jpeg
 
I've always thought it a LPS. A lot like a chalice.
 
It's considered an LPS in the hobby. But admittedly SPS and LPS are not science based groupings. However IME it's care requirements are more like typical LPS than SPS.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new