Is Ecotech ever going to make a controller?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Mindstream is out of their reach but as Arnold would say.
cdd5e4858eac95d440512d9ea2f747a2.jpg

Hey @robbyg - can you elaborate?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah! I see.... Either way bobby's message is sad to hear. I've always hoped that we'd see Ecotech run with it. :)
The real question is, were they even interested in it?

My stance is that there's too much baggage that comes with mindstream, most companies would steer clear unless it was a perfect fit for them... Robby seems to know who picked it up.

U

User1

View Badges
Yeah that's it.

But....he bought a Trident ;)

Of course that can always be off loaded. I was expecting more along the lines of you picking up the GHL product line or just wait it out longer. Sometimes I think this whole automated testing thing is over hyped. Granted, I'm clearly playing in the hype zone with the trident but sometimes I do wonder why...

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But....he bought a Trident ;)

Of course that can always be off loaded. I was expecting more along the lines of you picking up the GHL product line or just wait it out longer. Sometimes I think this whole automated testing thing is over hyped. Granted, I'm clearly playing in the hype zone with the trident but sometimes I do wonder why...
Robby and I seems to travel in the same thread circles. He did go GHL, then didn't like them moving the field goal with release of the ion director.

The dust is yet to settle on this topic, who knows, 2 years from now the ones complaining about high recurring charges are going to adopt the old proverb, "if you can't beat them, join them"

U

User1

View Badges
Robby and I seems to travel in the same thread circles. He did go GHL, then didn't like them moving the field goal with release of the ion director.

The dust is yet to settle on this topic, who knows, 2 years from now the ones complaining about high recurring charges are going to adopt the old proverb, "if you can't beat them, join them"

Ah - got it. I believe I hang out in similar threads as you guys. having said that I'm sure I'd break bread with @robbyg :) Adult beverage, food, or just food and talk. He is a good sport :)

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah - got it. I believe I hang out in similar threads as you guys. having said that I'm sure I'd break bread with @robbyg :) Adult beverage, food, or just food and talk. He is a good sport :)
People are wising up that this t*t for tat gets us nowhere, everyone is entitled to their choices, and 99% of the time, you're not going to change someones mind. Most of us are starting to realize that. The trick is to have a thick skin and not take things so personal. Like myself, I've turned that corner, and I've definitely witnessed Robby do the same.

I mean... come on... I don't hold it against you that you worked the flight line... for me... that's progress!! hehe

U

User1

View Badges
People are wising up that this t*t for tat gets us nowhere, everyone is entitled to their choices, and 99% of the time, you're not going to change someones mind. Most of us are starting to realize that. The trick is to have a thick skin and not take things so personal. Like myself, I've turned that corner, and I've definitely witnessed Robby do the same.

I mean... come on... I don't hold it against you that you worked the flight line... for me... that's progress!! hehe

Lol - wow. You pulled the flight line card. But...yes, I did. Not this avatar though. F-15's, then RF-4's (yes, I went backwards), but then moved over to safety. Ground, then finished in explosive.

But yeah - all good points and agree. Thick skin is the right one.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you were both Chair Force. You would have done better to say you worked flight line for United Airlines. Hahahahahahaha.
I've come to learn that when I hear "chair force", it comes from a deep resentment of chosing the wrong branch Hehe. And I'm not just saying that, my last assignment was a superintendent position on a navy base, and when you have navy chief after chief confide in you that they want their child to join the military, but will only allow them to join the AF. And when I went to SNCO academy we had army and marines in the class that would ask the same questions, how do I guarantee that my son/daughter will join the AF?... I think that speaks for itself.

Last edited:

joshwaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've come to learn that when I hear "chair force", it comes from a deep resentment of chosing the wrong branch Hehe. And I'm not saying that, my last assignment was a superintendent position on a navy base, and when you have navy chief after chief confide in you that they want their child to join the military, but will only allow them to join the AF. And when I went to SNCO academy we had army and marines in the class that would ask the same questions, how do I guarantee that my son/daughter will join the AF?... I think that speaks for itself.

Im not going to argue any part of that, lol. It is all right. If my kids join the military, I will do everything I can to get them to go af or navy. Army is great, but in the long run the density of high value job skills available in the af or navy just make them the better choices, now. You won’t see nuclear engineers come from the Army.
Marines don’t count. As long as they have crayons, they are happy.

KarlsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These points have been made and argued previously.

It boils down to options, $15 for a bag of citric acid to make a lifetime supply of reagent for an alkatronic or $45 a month for the life of your Trident. That's where I based my decision. 7 months of owning and operating Trident paid for an alkatronic. The sad thing is, trident users will still be paying for reagent, while alkatronic users no longer require monthly fee to operate the unit.

Playing semantics over the use of the word "subscription" is irrelevant. There is a monthly cost to operate this piece of equipment?

But again, we're being dragged down into this argument again...
Agreed but isn't there a rolling cost within the hobby anyway? Some could use the same basis and call that a subscription too ;Playful

KarlsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was completely tongue in cheek, although I disagree to the extent that you can’t just stop testing then start testing again when you want because as you say, it’s to stop clogged lines. I can leave my car for a 3 month vacation it will still work when I’m back, I guess my trident will be clogged with out of date reagent, or will it, anyone left it to clog?

Does the DOS need to constantly run to prevent clogged lines too?

What was the original post about Again?
Bet the battery would be flat after 3 months

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bet the battery would be flat after 3 months
Parasitic draw on modern vehicles are limited to 6-700 ma. Meaning that as long as you didn't alter the vehicles electrical system the battery should be able to start an engine after 3 months of sitting.

I know, not pertinent to the conversation, but at least you can store that nugget of information away for later use. Hehe

OP
OP
robbyg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry for the late reply. It's been kind of busy with end of month work, so I just passed through once in awhile.

My skin is pretty thick :p. You should visit an Amateur Radio forum and you will understand why.
Most of the Guys are 70+ years old and for them everything is a pis match of electronic Knowledge and knowing rules, regulations and how equipment works. You can have 35 pages of almost uncensored posts of guys wailing on each other over how some RF electronic circuit works. Think of it like having a reef forum with 500 Randy Farley's (in terms of knowledge). Almost all of them experts from Boeing, Grumman, NASA and other companies. Most are retired and all of them are trying to make sure their answer is the accepted answer. Also like aquarium chemistry, RF electronics is considered Voodoo electronics. Not everything that happens in RF has one definitive answer and many interactions are still not fully understood even today.

I really enjoy this forum. The level of civility is a lot higher and two features that this forum has that is probably not given nearly as much praise as it should be given is the Moderation and the "Like" feature.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back