Is Indo Torch dying??

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got home too find my green indo. torch starting to close up, and then some of its tentacles started lengthening. I thought everything would end up being alright but then a tentacle/ polyp split open into many different strands and those strands fell off and blew around the tank. Please tell me what’s going on I need help !! #reefsquad
102DAE10-623A-4FF4-AE2E-29E004532826.jpeg
FC65F5C4-AC23-4C4D-8013-4985C9476689.jpeg

Btw I tested my water and everything is how it normally is, no fluctuations.

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your water appears cloudy in the photo. Is it actually cloudy?

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have a bacterial bloom. You'll want to run a UV sterilizer. Water changes will only temporarily deal with the bloom as it'll just bloom again. Petsmart carries a UV sterilizer called the green machine. It's a bit pricey but it's saved me several times in the past.

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have a bacterial bloom. You'll want to run a UV sterilizer. Water changes will only temporarily deal with the bloom as it'll just bloom again. Petsmart carries a UV sterilizer called the green machine. It's a bit pricey but it's saved me several times in the past.
So is the bacteria killing the corals? And will the UV. sterilizer Burt the corals? Also how much $$ ?

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
acc wait no after further investigation I realize the water is only cloudy in the photo

Your water should be crystal clear. You should see from one side to the other with little to no difficulty.

If your water is cloudy, the bacterial bloom will usually cause corals to close up. Depending on species it can be quite agitating to them. A UV sterilizer is 100% safe. I run one on my system 24/7. The green machine runs somewhere between 40-80 I believe. It's been a bit since I bought one so I'm not exactly sure.

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure your tank is indeed having a haziness appearance or cloudy.

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is slightly cloudy. It’s a small tank so it’s not really visibly cloudy from one angle but from the side it is cloudy yes. What can I do to save the tank and my corals?

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your water should be crystal clear. You should see from one side to the other with little to no difficulty.

If your water is cloudy, the bacterial bloom will usually cause corals to close up. Depending on species it can be quite agitating to them. A UV sterilizer is 100% safe. I run one on my system 24/7. The green machine runs somewhere between 40-80 I believe. It's been a bit since I bought one so I'm not exactly sure.
Ok I found it on Petsmart . It works for fresh and saltwater right? Also do I get the 9W or the 24W. (20 gallon tank)

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is slightly cloudy. It’s a small tank so it’s not really visibly cloudy from one angle but from the side it is cloudy yes. What can I do to save the tank and my corals?

Just run the UV sterilizer till your tank clears out. If your really concerned a good water change can assist as well.

I think the 24w is very large. You may want to go with the 9W. Check the dimensions to see which one will fit in your tank.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%

Back