Is it a good idea to simulate a power outage?

alysak6075

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 things:

1. Try Fallback ON

2. Use ApexFusion instead of local admin panel.

OP
OP
am3gross

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you post the program that you are using now? There are quite a few different things posted above, so I’m not sure exactly what you are using.
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Outlet RETURN_PUMP = OFF Then OFF
If Power Apex OFF 001 Then OFF
Defer 005:00 Then ON

This is the one I am using right now. As soon as it is inserted the skimmer will shut down.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, one other thing that it may be. In fusion, if you click the gear icon, then click the wrench icon and scroll down you want to check to make sure that you have power monitor set to disabled. If that is enabled and you don’t the accessory AC adapter plugged into your apex brain then it will think the power is off and the If Power Apex OFF command will keep the skimmer off all the time.

That power monitor option would be used if you have your energy bar on a UPS. In that case you can use an AC adapter connected to your apex brain that would be plugged into a non battery backed up outlet, so the apex would know that the power is off even if the energy bar still has power. But if you don’t have the AC adapter and you have the option enabled then the apex will just always think that the power is off.

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1609949807639.png

1609949825435.png

Attachments

• 1609949820525.png
    1609949820525.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
am3gross

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually, one other thing that it may be. In fusion, if you click the gear icon, then click the wrench icon and scroll down you want to check to make sure that you have power monitor set to disabled. If that is enabled and you don’t the accessory AC adapter plugged into your apex brain then it will think the power is off and the If Power Apex OFF command will keep the skimmer off all the time.

That power monitor option would be used if you have your energy bar on a UPS. In that case you can use an AC adapter connected to your apex brain that would be plugged into a non battery backed up outlet, so the apex would know that the power is off even if the energy bar still has power. But if you don’t have the AC adapter and you have the option enabled then the apex will just always think that the power is off.
mine was set to enabled, i changed it to disabled. should i restart the apex?

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine was set to enabled, i changed it to disabled. should i restart the apex?

I don’t think that’s necessary, but it will probably look to the apex like the power just came back on, so it will probably delay for however long it would delay after the power was restored before the skimmer restarts, which should be 6 minutes according to your program above.

gobygrits

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could just buy a set of jumper cables, a cheap inverter, and an extension cord. Then, just hook it up to your running car in the driveway and you're good to go for months. All the wife has to do is top off the gas and make sure no one steals the car. Obviously joking but I was reading a thread yesterday where someone was suggesting this method for power outages..

robert teseo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am glad i did just this. when the sump filled i found a leak that would have flooded the floor. i forgot to put a threaded plug in a empty threaded port. also, i do this 1x per month for water changes. i vacuum all the water and crud from the bottom of the sump.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back