Is it a Picasso? How to identify it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter vinvinaa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

vinvinaa

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2022
Messages
64
Reaction score
21
Location
Hong Kong
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Is it a Picasso? I bought it from a home breed seller and he told me this is a Picasso. How can I identify it? Thank you.

 
Hi all,

Is it a Picasso? I bought it from a home breed seller and he told me this is a Picasso. How can I identify it? Thank you.

I can’t see the video with my phone (a photo would be easiest). However the biggest tell tail sign is the eyes and how many dorsal spines they have. Picasso’s are Percula Clowns. If you can discover their species then that’ll give a bigger hint to the designer breed. I believe their lines are then less like a line and more patterned (Swirls, joined ect).
 
I can’t see the video with my phone (a photo would be easiest). However the biggest tell tail sign is the eyes and how many dorsal spines they have. Picasso’s are Percula Clowns. If you can discover their species then that’ll give a bigger hint to the designer breed. I believe their lines are then less like a line and more patterned (Swirls, joined ect).
More photos.
Picasso1.jpeg


Picasso2.jpeg
 
Based on pattern alone it looks more like a DaVinci.
I disagree, Davinci has a black outline on their fins and these two don’t appear to have that.
 
Here are more photos for ID:
Picasso3.jpeg


Picasso4.jpeg


Picasso5.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new