Is it my toadstool dead?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Funtrader
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Funtrader

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2023
Messages
101
Reaction score
25
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it has been 3 days and I have not seen the tentacles come out. All I see is a white toadstool but not sure if it's dead?

20231018_164106.jpg 20231018_164052.jpg 20231018_164023.jpg
 
I found if they don’t open after a couple days the easiest thing to do is move them into a higher flow area of the tank and normally that can help. Also a water change and or carbon swap can also help.
 
Agree if they don't open move to higher flow area. They like a lot more flow than people think
 
So it has been 3 days and I have not seen the tentacles come out. All I see is a white toadstool but not sure if it's dead?

20231018_164106.jpg 20231018_164052.jpg 20231018_164023.jpg
Does it have a reflective/glassy surface? Probably just shedding, should be open in a week or two, if not or it starts dissolving, then I'd worry
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new