Is it possible? Cynarina ate Polyclad Worm

sayitfast

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2016
Messages
244
Reaction score
227
Location
Tucson AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... strange quesiton but I'm at a loss to explain a few things. I have a very large Cynarina (Easily 7 inches when puffed up). I know I also have a dreaded Polyclad worm as I have seen it... only once a few weeks ago.

Snails have had a short lifespan in my tank and I was always at a loss to explain. When I noticed the worm it made sense. I made a homemade trap and put some snails in for bait. Nothing after a week.... so I just let the snails go and they are doing fine. My Cynarina closed up over a week ago... it has just today started to open again. Just wondering if it is at all possible the Cynarina ate the worm? The worm was maybe little over two inches long.

It might be wishful thinking but this is the longest any snails have lasted and this is a small tank with a couple of pieces of large live rock. Was going to be using this as quarantine before allowing in my DT.

Any other way to entice a Polyclad out in the open?
 
I don't know ... recently found a couple of polyclads in my display, but was quick enough to net 'em and flush 'em.

Perhaps someone else on the #reefsquad has experience with your situation . . .

~Bruce
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new