OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now THAT is something I would like to see!.. I can see the news headline now: "Woman calls 911 after getting trapped in her aquarium..." On the other hand, if you want to be original, that is a decorating scheme that NOBODY else is using!! Hehehe
LOL maybe I’ll go on a diet lose some weight.. take out some water ... yes... maybe it’s doable..
Or maybe I can... put my 3 year old niece inside to help me after she learns how to swim... hahaha jk.

ThemytB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah thank you very much!!!
Would you recommend that I glue the rocks tighter into a solid piece and then to start soaking?
Supposedly easier to glue when dry... not sure hahah this is my first time attempting to be.. “artistic”
I would imagine you'd want them glued first, but I dont glue my rocks, so not positive.- this makes it much harder to aquascape/stack things so they wont fall, but I can move any rock in my tank with one hand and not kill anything in the process.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi.
instead of removing it, try rotating it so it's not a straight row from left to right.
if you are going to be adding corals, it will change how it all looks as they grow.

also, if adding corals, get rid of the marine pure blocks. I had five in my sump.
they leach aluminum in to the water. I had an ICP test done and it showed high
levels of aluminum.

in regards to your fish. if you are feeding them frozen or R.O.E. use a turkey baster.
they will become accustomed to eat it meaning food and will come up to it when you feed them.
makes it easy to net any fish you have a need to.

take a look at my build thread, first couple of pages. gives you another scaping option not using rock.

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi.
instead of removing it, try rotating it so it's not a straight row from left to right.
if you are going to be adding corals, it will change how it all looks as they grow.

also, if adding corals, get rid of the marine pure blocks. I had five in my sump.
they leach aluminum in to the water. I had an ICP test done and it showed high
levels of aluminum.

in regards to your fish. if you are feeding them frozen or R.O.E. use a turkey baster.
they will become accustomed to eat it meaning food and will come up to it when you feed them.
makes it easy to net any fish you have a need to.

take a look at my build thread, first couple of pages. gives you another scaping option not using rock.

oh I never thought of rotating it! I think the previous owner used PVC pipes and glued some maybe I can break apart in between to rotate it.. that does sound a lot easier haha!
I’m starting to add corals.. should I be adding more live rock to the sump? For pods to populate hidden?
I only spot feed some of my fish because they get too scared to come up when bigger fish are swarming (the turkey baster for all of them is genius!!)
Thank you so much for your great feedback :))

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh I never thought of rotating it! I think the previous owner used PVC pipes and glued some maybe I can break apart in between to rotate it.. that does sound a lot easier haha!
I’m starting to add corals.. should I be adding more live rock to the sump? For pods to populate hidden?
I only spot feed some of my fish because they get too scared to come up when bigger fish are swarming (the turkey baster for all of them is genius!!)
Thank you so much for your great feedback :))
welcome.
either more live rock to replace the MarinePure blocks, or I'm using a product called SeaChem Matrix.

looking at your scape I'm wondering if the previous owner didn't use the same product I did to make the scape.
it almost doesn't look like it's live/dry rock. is the main piece all one?

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome.
either more live rock to replace the MarinePure blocks, or I'm using a product called SeaChem Matrix.

looking at your scape I'm wondering if the previous owner didn't use the same product I did to make the scape.
it almost doesn't look like it's live/dry rock. is the main piece all one?

Ah, yes I think she pieced them with PVC pipes, some zip ties, and super glue??

The rocks are fairly green now..
you can see where the rocks started to fall apart and see the pvc pipes

049495B8-AF0B-4EB2-B315-F5A062434028.jpeg

And I found a box of white rocks in the garage? I’m assuming she used these guys...
I can’t tell what brand it is....

should I be concerned and try contacting the old owner if I want to replace half the aquascape? I guess it would be super weird to have half the aquascape covered in green algae and half in.. pink/purple haha
BACC622D-495B-4436-8FB2-E8E1139F4549.jpeg

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if the aquascape is all one piece cemented together I don't know how you can get it apart in the tank.
my concern would be with that pieces coming off. if the rest of it is stable, I wouldn't be concerned
about the pvc showing. that can be hidden with some well placed corals.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back