Is it possible??

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I was feeding my tank (RSR250) tonight I noticed a flash of red that dashed out, grabbed some LRS and disappeared. It moved like a mantis shrimp.

I got some live rock last summer from TBS for a nano tank that came with a mantis. Some of the rock went into my RSR. The thing is... I haven't noticed any unexplained deaths. No disappearing fish, I still have my sexy shrimp and emerald crabs. I spotted my snapping shrimp a couple of weeks ago.

What are the odd that I have a mantis that I've never seen before AND that hasn't eaten any of my critters?

And where am I going to put another tank if it turns out it IS a mantis and I can catch it? And how mad will The Husband be if I set up another tank?

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hubby will get over it..;) try luring him our with a chunk of food so u can see what u got.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a mantis shrimp like 25 years ago came in with live rock from the south pacific, he was in the tank over a year before I lost the first fish then another. He was hard to catch lol. Husband will understand just do it explain later Good luck

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back