Is it safe to treat clownfish with copper?

kiran

reef noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just needed some clarifying on whether it is safe or not to treat clowns with copper. I can't remember where but I read that clownfish are very sensitive to copper, so I thought I'd ask before I start them on anything.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just needed some clarifying on whether it is safe or not to treat clowns with copper. I can't remember where but I read that clownfish are very sensitive to copper, so I thought I'd ask before I start them on anything.
Yes its safe. I have ran 4 clowns through copper treatment with no issues. I use Jay's process for QT found here

I use Copper Power over Cuppermine because I find it easier to maintain correct therapeutic levels.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont remember where but I found these charts some time ago related to treatments. They are here on r2r somewhere :)
Fish and Treatment Table part1.jpg
Fish and Treatment Table part2.jpg
Fish and Treatment Table part3.jpg

OP
OP
kiran

kiran

reef noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes its safe. I have ran 4 clowns through copper treatment with no issues. I use Jay's process for QT found here

I use Copper Power over Cuppermine because I find it easier to maintain correct therapeutic levels.
I bought a gallon of copper power from BRS so good to know I got the suggested one.
I dont remember where but I found these charts some time ago related to treatments. They are here on r2r somewhere :)
Fish and Treatment Table part1.jpg
Fish and Treatment Table part2.jpg
Fish and Treatment Table part3.jpg
Thanks for the clarification! Just looked at the chart as well and saved it, appreciate you finding it to share. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back