Is it worth sending in MP40 to Ecotech?

MrAlpha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I have two MP40’s, one is newer, it’s quite with no issues. I also have a Gen 1 that I upgraded to the Quite driver but now the dry side seems somewhat loud and the wet side (Gen 1) feels like it’s got a lot of resistance when I spin it by hand out side the tank, compared to the other newer wet side. I called Ecotech but they basically said ship us the wet and dry side, we’ll look at it and let you know. If it can’t be services we’ll sell you a new wet and dry side for a discount.

They wouldn’t say how much of a discount. So my question is should I even waste my time? I mean after I pay for shipping there and back, would it even be worth it? I would assume they are going to say it’s not something they can service. Anyone been through this with them?

Last edited:

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I have two MP40’s, one is newer, it’s quite with no issues. I also have a Gen 1 that I upgraded to the Quite driver but now the dry side seems somewhat loud and the wet side (Gen 1) feels like it’s got a lot of resistance when I spin it by hand out side the tank, compared to the other newer wet side. I called Ecotech but they basically said ship us the wet and dry side, we’ll look at it and let you know. If it can’t be services we’ll selling you a new wet and dry side for a discount.

They wouldn’t say how much of a discount. So my question is should I even waste my time? I mean after I pay for shipping there and back, would it even be worth it? I would assume they are going to say it’s not something they can service. Anyone been through this with them?

You'd be surprised with what CAN be serviced on those with the proper tools. You can completely disassemble the wet side, grease it, then reassemble if that's all that's required. A video would help us tell you also!

OP
OP
MrAlpha

MrAlpha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the discount off on a replacement wet side and dry side was pretty decent I would rather just replace them with new versions for the reduction in noise, and improved flow since I already have a Quiet driver on that one. Does anyone know how much of a discount on a replacement wet and dry side only?

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is they can tear it down and have all the parts on hand to fix whatever may need to be fixed... I'd give it a shot. I've heard nothing but good things about their customer service, and they actually put a replacement wet side in the mail for me today. A blade broke off my MP40 and I'm about a month and a half outside the warranty window, but they're sending me a replacement for free anyway.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that ETM don't service drysides or wetsides, so I am surprised they would even suggest sending it in. If the wetside is pre-QD then it's long overdue for replacement anyhow. I still have an older MP40 dryside running, but replaced all the wetsides.

doubleohwhatever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what their policy is at the moment but a few years ago I had an issue with a pre-QD MP40 and they swapped it out for a refurbished unit (I sent them my unit, they sent me a refurb). So in the past at least, they did have the capability to work on dry sides.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send it it. It is worth it. I just got one back from them. Sent it in with a bad ringing noise and they offered to repair it or replace it. It was an older 40wes so I replaced it

Corey

OP
OP
MrAlpha

MrAlpha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did end up sending my faulty MP40 in to Ecotech and as I figured, they said the wet side needed to be replaced and the dry side had water damage. In other words they can’t be serviced according to them. Like some had said, they did however offer me a whole new unit at a nice discount. I took them up on the offer and overall I’m happy with the outcome.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on what I have read they probably will give you$50 off for a new set.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back