Brand new (sept 2022) MP40QD obnoxiously loud dry side.

vitaliyphoto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought an MP40QD pump and disappointed to say it’s obnoxiously loud. Attaching videos. Tried reaching out to Ecotech and was told to give 2 weeks to break in. It’s certainly the dry side as it’s loud when wet side is detached. Most of the threads I read people say their MP40QD were silent out of the box. Can’t figure this out

Attachments

• IMG_3554.mov
    13.3 MB

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's quite hard to pepper hear in the video but they're not supposed to be loud. Mine are five years old and absolutely silent.

Just push Ecotech a bit harder and if you dont see results, go through the shop you bought them from.

You're well within warranty I reckon of they're brand new.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought an MP40QD pump and disappointed to say it’s obnoxiously loud. Attaching videos. Tried reaching out to Ecotech and was told to give 2 weeks to break in. It’s certainly the dry side as it’s loud when wet side is detached. Most of the threads I read people say their MP40QD were silent out of the box. Can’t figure this out
I had similar issues with new ones. Be sure to clean them with citric acid. Also, let them “ pair up” on the glass before turning them on. It seems to help. All my issues did go away in time. Good luck

OP
OP
V

vitaliyphoto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's quite hard to pepper hear in the video but they're not supposed to be loud. Mine are five years old and absolutely silent.

Just push Ecotech a bit harder and if you dont see results, go through the shop you bought them from.

You're well within warranty I reckon of they're brand new.
Here is another vid. Strange that their QC didn’t catch this

Attachments

• IMG_3503.mov
    8.9 MB
OP
OP
V

vitaliyphoto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might as well update this thread. Upon having Ecotech replace the dry side I have to say that it’s not the same company as it was a decade ago. Day before yesterday I was told my replacement part would be sent yesterday in the afternoon- false. I called and asked what the hold up was and was told it was getting shipped sometime yesterday or today the latest- false. The label is created yet package is not picked up. $500 products are supported at the level of a cheap knock-offs. I think it’s only right for my voice to be heard here and I will echo what so many have said: Ecotech is overpriced equipment with slow support and spare parts that are missing for months at a time. In addition to this calling them on 4 additional occasions yields nothing more than additional broken promises such as last call today: “it will be shipped today and you should have it tomorrow, Saturday the latest. I will follow up on this request today to make sure of it”. Should have returned to the store and gotten a new one it’s on me I guess.
IMG_3913.png

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I don't doubt you got a bad one, I found that if the wet side is not aligned perfectly then my dry side is noisy or vibrates and falls off. I'm talking about millimeter micro adjustments in the alignment of wet and dry or the problem does not stop. I've had mine for 3 years and they still do the same.

OP
OP
V

vitaliyphoto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I don't doubt you got a bad one, I found that if the wet side is not aligned perfectly then my dry side is noisy or vibrates and falls off. I'm talking about millimeter micro adjustments in the alignment of wet and dry or the problem does not stop. I've had mine for 3 years and they still do the same.
I went ahead and removed the dry side to condirm: the dry side is still making same noise.

OP
OP
V

vitaliyphoto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last update and let’s close this thread:
IMG_3914.png

I just hope no more acquisitions happen to great companies. Monopolizing anything worsens customer experience.

Still, thank you Ecotech for finally shipping a replacement.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back