Is ma anemone dying?

janiktibi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guy, I have ordered this anemone on Materfish and they send me this Sick looking anemone. It was supposed to be green anemone premium but it doesn’t looks nothing like that. Also it came damaged, open mouth as you can see and damaged foot as well. Should I request refund? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_8903.mov
    16.5 MB
  • IMG_8890.mov
    49.1 MB

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has it been in your tank?

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep if it not in the right condition ring them straight away then send photos by email to them

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just several hours, I’m going to isolated it and wait.
Can you give some details please? How did you acclimate it? How old is your tank? Parameters?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looks like acclimation stress to new environment. If this tank is less than 5-6 months, you may have challenges. They are best in an established tanks not subject to sudden changes in chemistry especially elenated nitrates and phosphates.
When introduced, you want to reduce or turn off flow to allow them to set their foot in a chosen happy spot.
Assure they are not in path of high flow or bright light which will stress them and cause them to hide and even shrink.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you take pictures right away and send to vendor? Looks like damage to the foot in multiple spots with mesenterial filaments coming out and the peppermint now picking at it. You will need to isolate the nem from the shrimps until it either attaches so those areas are not accessible to the shrimp or until it heals up. Nem looks to be in rather poor condition.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back