Is Max spect bio spheres Only for larger tanks

pippol01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 gal bio cube tank ,and I wanted to try the max spect bio spheres for my tank to lower the nitrates and nitrates. My space is limited ,no sump. can it be used in my tank?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to say that in a nano reef, nothing will streamline your parameters like cleaning out the sandbed and rocks of waste, people buy dosers and offsets and filtration media solely to handle the leak that comes from that waste.

the other portion of nitrate and phosphate are your feed and bioload contributions which are ok for the system, no need to be offset.
for sure you can arrange flow to contact that substrate in a mesh bag, but no form of purchase can beat simply deep cleaning an aquarium that is accessible. The reason to do it is you can now feed triple better in a clean system, which isn’t backed up with waste already.

the nitrate reduction by filter method reduces feeding, so there’s less waste, leads to weakening corals as a risk. Lastly, deep cleaning refreshes a reef tank (allows more feed input) so even if incorrect nitrate measures are at hand there is no harm anyway.

you can’t believe how many people invest in nitrate binders where the measures weren’t correct to begin with, and coral bleaching + dinos results.

OP
OP
P

pippol01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to say that in a nano reef, nothing will streamline your parameters like cleaning out the sandbed and rocks of waste, people buy dosers and offsets and filtration media solely to handle the leak that comes from that waste.

the other portion of nitrate and phosphate are your feed and bioload contributions which are ok for the system, no need to be offset.
for sure you can arrange flow to contact that substrate in a mesh bag, but no form of purchase can beat simply deep cleaning an aquarium that is accessible. The reason to do it is you can now feed triple better in a clean system, which isn’t backed up with waste already.

the nitrate reduction by filter method reduces feeding, so there’s less waste, leads to weakening corals as a risk. Lastly, deep cleaning refreshes a reef tank (allows more feed input) so even if incorrect nitrate measures are at hand there is no harm anyway.

you can’t believe how many people invest in nitrate binders where the measures weren’t correct to begin with, and coral bleaching + dinos results.
I do weekly water changes and vacuum the sand and clean the rocks I Stilll have high nitrates and nitrites I use RODI water. I do have a lot of algae on the rocks . I only have 2 clown fish and small clean up crew, and the tank 3 months old

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back