Is my anemone dead?

sham

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anemone randomly this morning is just floating around and won’t plant it’s foot onto anything. It looks healthy but i’m just not sure

31074FF7-7566-4806-B72D-3B341033E2E9.jpeg E3D5F302-1F8C-430C-9E18-FFC9C1560E00.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The foot is still inflated and no tissue loss. It is stressed. Water flow and light are highly important for nems. Moderate light recommended as too much light and flow will send them hiding and stress them.
Feed at least 2X per week ( krill or mysis shrimp)

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I agree with most of what vetteguy said I would hold off feeding till the nem gets settled and is comfortable. trying to feed them too soon will only cause more stress IMO. When you do start feeding, start with smaller particles like finely chopped stuff or mysis as mentioned is OK,

Jdadams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t necessarily have to feed anemone. I don’t feed mine. They just catch whatever food from the current when I feed my fish. Cut your flow down a bit for it to attach to something and it’ll move where it’s happy. If your corals are doing good and growing then this bubble tip should be ok with what you already have set up. How long have you had it?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You don’t necessarily have to feed anemone. I don’t feed mine. They just catch whatever food from the current when I feed my fish. Cut your flow down a bit for it to attach to something and it’ll move where it’s happy. If your corals are doing good and growing then this bubble tip should be ok with what you already have set up. How long have you had it?
These animals get food from a lot of different sources true, . . . . but they are photosynthetic and use light to create food and need occasional solids. They will also eat food off of the fish they host. These anemones enjoy small morsels of shrimp and squid. They will also accept many frozen foods. To feed the anemone, attach the food to a stick or large tweezers. Then, touch the anemone with it. The creature will use its tentacles to grab onto the food and consume it. twice a week feedings is ample.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 38 30.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back