Is My Anemone Dying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zotospss
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zotospss

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got an anemone at ReefStock three days ago. My tank is 9 and 1/2 months old, so I figured the nem would do well in this relatively new but cycled tank. When we put him in, he seemed very happy for a day or so; very puffed up, active in the aquarium, moving around, looking generally healthy. But yesterday, he started looking worse for the wear; he had attached himself in halfway up the wall in the right corner of the aquarium, but his foot began peeling off and his tentacles had deflated.

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 9.32.24 PM.png



He eventually fell of his perch and moved to a new spot in the aquarium, looking very deflated, some stringy white things coming from his body. He did not look happy.


Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 9.37.02 PM.png



When I came home from work about 15 minutes ago, he had moved, and left some of his flesh where he used to be situated. I tried circling the flesh to make it more visible, but it's hard to see.

IMG_6073.jpg



Some relevant info: I run 2 Red Sea LED 90s at 70% blues and 35% whites throughout the day. My params are as follows:

Salinity: 1.025
Nitrates: 0 ppm
Phosphates: 0 ppm
Nitrites: 0 ppm
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Calcium: 390 ppm
Magnesium: 1220 ppm
Alkalinity: 7.6 dkh

Every parameter has been stable throughout the anemone's stay in my tank for the last three days (although, I have just started dosing the tank for all, calcium, and magnesium about a week before the nem came in - levels are staying steady, though)

This is my first anemone ever, so I don't know what's happening? Could this possibly be normal? Is there anything I can do to help him? What do I do?!

Thanks :)
 
The photos didn't seem to load, so here's a second try:

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 9.32.24 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 9.34.36 PM.png IMG_6073.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new