Is my Anemone ok?

gloaquaticsNY

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2023
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Location
new jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I got this purple tip Anenome always been super vibrant, and thriving. But recently it has been exposing its mouth. And quite frankly since I remember since I had him (2-3 months) he's always kind of did that. Need some expert feedback if that's a good or bad sign? lol thanks.

First picture is currently.
Second picture was 2 weeks ago.

IMG_2583.jpeg
 
Is that a Condy anemone?
How often do you feed it?

Most anemones do their own thing. And whatever that is, they can do it for weeks at a time.

I suspect yours is fine.
 
Looks healthy
 
Is that a Condy anemone?
How often do you feed it?

Most anemones do their own thing. And whatever that is, they can do it for weeks at a time.

I suspect yours is fine.
Yes purple tip condy.
I feed em maybe once a week/ every other week , either small dead freshwater fish or krill. Maybe occasionally some squid.
He seems very happy and the clowns haven't abandoned it which are good signs if I'm not mistaken . Thanks for the feed back
 
Condy anemones do not host clowns in the wild. But the clowns can gain the necessary immunity to the condy over time. I has that happen and the condy seemed OK... at least it didn't move around in the tank. BTW, condy anemone collection in Florida is now illegal. As an avid snorkeler in the Keys, I can say that the number of condys we see is down well over 50% from the number we saw 10 years ago.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new