is my anemone sick?

airedwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this anemone and it seems like half of it's tentacles are shrinking and the other half is just fine.
1678975243448.jpeg

My second anemone is doing the same thing, but this anemone was injured, it started moving and partially got pulled into a filter but I saved it and it healed and has settled down into a spot.
1678975260224.jpeg

Parameters
salinity 1.025
nitrate 4ppm
Ca 450
Alk 7.6
Mg 1380
PO4 0

Is this something i should be worrried about or should I leave them alone and they'll recover?

OP
OP
A

airedwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the injured one when it was healing and before it moved into its current spot
1678976467291.jpeg

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first one looks like it has flow pushing the other part down. But either way, if you see in all the pictures, the tentacles look far better on the parts that actively get direct lighting, the shaded parts arent as fluffly or colorful.

OP
OP
A

airedwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first one looks like it has flow pushing the other part down. But either way, if you see in all the pictures, the tentacles look far better on the parts that actively get direct lighting, the shaded parts arent as fluffly or colorful.
Thanks, well, they've been fluffy before even in that same position under the rock, which is why I'm wondering if something is wrong.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nems can be funny little beasts. As long as you have good water and enough light they can tough out just about anything. Just keep a close eye on the damaged one, they are particularly prone to bacterial infections. I would get some ciprofloxacin on hand just in case.

OP
OP
A

airedwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nems can be funny little beasts. As long as you have good water and enough light they can tough out just about anything. Just keep a close eye on the damaged one, they are particularly prone to bacterial infections. I would get some ciprofloxacin on hand just in case.
Thanks, I do have cipro, but I am only using it as last resort.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back